Venue 8 Pro Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Dell' started by neurack, Oct 26, 2013.

1. elzou

elzou Pen Pal - Newbie

Hm, so after making some changes in the bios the tablet won't boot up, it's stuck on a black screen, before the dell logo even.

Any way to reset the bios settings or access the bios while booting?

2. outofofficeblog

outofofficeblog Pen Pal - Newbie

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  3. efjay

efjay Scribbler - Standard Member

They renamed the last 3 letters, now its A01 instead of X00. So its probably the same one.

4. JP2013

JP2013 Pen Pal - Newbie

Just received my Dell Venue 8 Pro. Unboxed it, but it doesnt power up.
    I have connected the power adapter and pressed the power button, but nothing happens...
    Does it need to charged, do i have to leave for -what- an hour or so?

5. WolfKeeper

WolfKeeper Pen Pal - Newbie

Hold volume down immediately after power on.

6. shamashu

shamashu Pen Pal - Newbie

The led indicator beside the charger should lit white when charging. It is red when totally juiced out. It will take some time before it goes to white when totally drained. When it goes to white, it should turn on. It will not take more than 10min I think.

7. kelley5454

kelley5454 Pen Pal - Newbie

see. we have the same settings but look at mine
    <iframe src="https://skydrive.live.com/embed?cid=D4DF7B08B99219A8&resid=D4DF7B08B99219A8%21109&authkey=ADDMRVFBX4GrauI" width="320" height="200" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

View attachment 4636 [/QUOTE]

Mine is just like Shamashu....what am I doing wrong, I want this to work soooo bad, then everything can be in one place :(

8. shamashu

shamashu Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you. I finally made it work. I just need to restart v8p after editing the registry

Copy the setting of cruzmeister then restart and open bluestacks. To type in a name, open the windows keyboard, click the name field, disable the physical keyboard on bluestack (turn off) , close the windows keyboard, click again the enter name field, android keyboard should appear and you can now type. Use the android keyboard, not the windows keyboard.

9. kelley5454

I am getting MUCH closer! Now it does fill up the screen (I should have thought about the reboot, duh) :)

10. tbirch

tbirch Pen Pal - Newbie

No, for some reason motionjoy doesn't recognize the internal radio, or at least I couldn't get it to see it.

11. MicroByte

MicroByte Pen Pal - Newbie

12. shakermaker41

shakermaker41 Pen Pal - Newbie

Seems like a great price. BTW, it's actually a SDXC card - Best Buy's title is wrong. Does anyone know if this is a pretty speedy card for the price?

13. JP2013

JP2013 Pen Pal - Newbie

My 8 pro seems to have a problem with the power button. The power button doesnt always power my 8 pro. When i press it, the backlight seems to activate, but nothing else. I usually have to press the power button a few times before i see the windows splash screen.
    Is this a common problem? More important: where can i find a fox for it?

14. kitch9

kitch9 Pen Pal - Newbie

Is there any issue with my moving the recovery partition to a USB stick and deleting the one on the system?

15. elzou

elzou Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks, though unfortunately that's pretty much what I've been doing the whole time, easily a couple of dozen times by now. Only once did I manage to actually pull up what I'm guessing is the boot manager/window (Had Windows at the top and something like setup/enter setup at the bottom, use volume keys for up/down), but it booted Windows as soon as I pressed the volume keys. Everything was fine, but then after I selected advanced startup/uefi bios and restarted I've been having the same issue as before, it never actually loaded the bios for me.

After a hard shutdown, I'll turn on the device. The screen turns on right away, then there is a brief flicker after about a second or so and then the screen stays black (active, with backlight on). I've tried holding both vol keys before turning it on or either of them separately. I've tried the same right away after pressing the power button. I've tried waiting a second until I press either vol key. I've tried pressing the volume keys only for a short moment, 2 seconds and up to 30+ seconds. I've also tried pressing the volume and power keys simultaneously, releasing the power button earlier or later or at the same time as the volume keys.

I'm pretty much out of ideas of what to try, nothing seems to work and I can't figure out what I did that one time to bring up the menu. Anyone got any ideas or suggestions? I'm hoping I just missed something really obvious.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  16. noxxle

noxxle Scribbler - Standard Member

What is "application optimal mode" in the graphics control panel? Doesn't appear to make a difference in 3d performance or battery life.

17. I_Am_Me

I_Am_Me Pen Pal - Newbie

That's a Windows 8.1 problem. Happens with my Latitude 10 with 8.1 on it. Didn't happen before. Other issue I've seen after 8.1 update is sometimes Windows will report me as having no battery.

18. teknikk7

teknikk7 Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone have their microSD card dismount or not show up after some usage? This has been happening a lot to me and the only fix is a reboot. I have a replacement coming today.

19. kelley5454

So miracast works fantastic for me (with no dongle) except for two things... first it only does project to second screen, so the tablet screen goes black (I have to get a bluetooth mouse to navigate this way, which is actually rather difficult, probably a mouse issue) second it is always stuck in portrait mode on the tablet but looks ok on the tv, which is very annoying for those few times I got duplicate display to work.

20. zoltansz

zoltansz Pen Pal - Newbie

These are known problems of Windows 8.1 8" portrait devices using Miracast. Hopefully, Microsoft fixes soon.

Sent from my Lumia 820 using Tapatalk