Venue 8 Pro Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Dell' started by neurack, Oct 26, 2013.

1. hysonmb

hysonmb Pen Pal - Newbie

I've owned a few devices with Win8 on them and this is the first which is giving me troubles with XBL games. Whenever I attempt to log in, I get an error: "To use this app, you need to sign in with the Microsoft account that was used to download it." I'm not using a different account, never have, and even after following the directions in the message I still can't get XBL service to work. There's nothing wrong with the games but none of them will authenticate to XBL.
    Is anyone else seeing this? Is there a solution for this problem?

2. Scarpad

Scarpad Pen Pal - Newbie

Finally got a confirmation of cancellation' I ended up getting the Asus transformer book' $379 from HSN for that price thought it a pretty good deal.

3. redviper

redviper Scribbler - Standard Member

I tried with the advanced restart and it worked perfectly. 174 MB/s read, 72 MB/s writes on the main disk.

So what exactly is the issue with hs200 and ddr50? Why does dell shipped with it disabled.

4. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I have VS 2013 Express for Windows installed and I tested it out for about an hour yesterday with a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard and it worked surprisingly well though an hour was all I could take on such a small screen, indeed the screen size is a much bigger issue than performance which again was surprising. Attached to a real monitor a developer could work effectively with VS 2013 for small to medium projects I think.

zoltansz likes this.
  5. diazlaz

diazlaz Pen Pal - Newbie

Another option is to upgrade core to pro and use rdp to the tablet useful for when ur at the office and have access to a bigger screen and keyboard.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

6. bugelrex

bugelrex Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks, can at least get 'some' work done on the subway and not look like a douche with a laptop!

7. V3D

V3D Scribbler - Standard Member

So far I don't see any issue.

As for why it is not enabled by default?...
    I don't know and I doubt you will find anyone at Dell that knows either.

Why was secure boot not enabled by default, shipped with the watermark on the desktop... overlooked, rushed, forgotten..
    Who knows?

What I do know is HS200 has a big effect on the built-in storage speed.
    Still need someone with a fast MicroSD to turn on "DDR50 Support for SDCard" to see if it does anything.

8. bugelrex

bugelrex Scribbler - Standard Member

Simply check your credit card for the transaction, they will charge the card the moment it ships

9. J0ebiden

J0ebiden Pen Pal - Newbie

For the owners out there, what kind of settings are you using to maximize battery life? I don't seem to get anywhere close to the reported 10 hours.... My iPad Mini gets much better battery life even with ios7. I feel like this is not in line with expectations, or am I wrong?

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

10. blue

blue Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes. It is better to update the Netgear PTV3000 to the latest firmware (version 2.4.26).