venue 8 pro charging issues. (generic cable and wont turn on)

Discussion in 'Dell' started by joezx14, Oct 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joezx14

joezx14 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi I have a dvp 8 that is still under warranty. The issue I am having is that I have lost my original usb cable, but I still have the original AC adapter.

All this time the tablet would charge just fine but I never let it die completely. I am not out of the country on a 2 month trip in India and I didnt have access to an outlet during my travels and I let the battery completely die out.

Ever since I have not been able to charge it again. The white LED light wont come on. When pressing the power button, only the orange led lights up briefly. I have tried other cables such as the one that came with my galaxy s4, which should be a decent cable.

Any suggestions for me? I am pretty certain the usb port isnt damaged. I take good care of my electronics. I just really need my tablet to be functional again for the trip. is sourcing an orignal dell cable in india going to be my only resort?

Thanks in advance guys.

2. baxter

baxter Scribbler - Standard Member

The cable is probably not your problem if you are using the OEM Dell charger. The Dell manual suggests the following,

Tablet does not turn on and The battery is completely discharged.
    1 Charge the tablet for at least 4 hours.
    2 Press and hold the Power button for 2 seconds.

3. joezx14

joezx14 Pen Pal - Newbie

I definitely have charged it for over 24 hrs. Have never seen the white led. Have held the power button for over a minute. Only getting the orange led when I do.

4. dwx

dwx Scribbler - Standard Member

If the white light isn't coming on it isn't charging. I had issues charging while on vacation, usually holding the power button to turn it off and then plugging it in fixed it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.