Venue 8 Pro 5830 system password

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Darren Misiak, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Darren Misiak

Darren Misiak Pen Pal - Newbie

I've just bought a used Venue 8 Pro 5830 off ebay, the seller did say that they had lost the password so not strictly speaking wrongly listed but I did assume it was just a windows password that was lost and that I could just restore the OS and start from scratch.

I now realise that its the bios / UEFI password that's been set and lost, I've tried various things to n avail and am planning giving Dell a call tomorrow.

But, I'm guessing that the fact the system password has been changed and 'lost' that the history of this tablet could well be dubious so I won't get any joy from Dell - which I understand.

Am I right in my assumption or is there a way round this - other than give up and throw it away ..

2. paul kelly

paul kelly Pen Pal - Newbie

I too have the same tablet Venue 8 Pro 5830 IMG_20190925_131526.jpg with a very similar issue, it was bought as untested but found that its stuck on the 'enter bios password' and I cant seem to do anything .. Any suggestions [apart from throw it away] would be welcome.. I realise its an old tablet but I like a challenge.