Venue 11 Pro 7130/7139 WWLAN card support

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Hendrickson, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Hendrickson

Hendrickson Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm looking to add a pcie M.2 serria wireless 3G and 4G card to my 7130. I see the sim reader is there and the antennas installed in all units. Just a compatible card is needed. Anyone had any luck installing one themselves?

I;m looking at this card Sierra Wireless AirPrime MC7304 2G 3G 4G LTE/HSPA+ EDGE GPS 100Mbps module Unlocked

Any reason it wouldn't work, Dell can be funny only letting their approved cards work.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. cueball

cueball Pen Pal - Newbie

I do not think that card is the correct format (from the photo anyway). I have the 7130 vPro like yours and just got the EM7355 (aka DW5808E) and cannot for the life of me get it to work. The system sees it, it will load drivers and then fail to start. It tries to "Configuring Broadband Mobile Device" and stays at 1% until it fails with error 67. I have tried Dell driver install kits and Lenovo drivers to load but get similar results with either one.... I have added 3G and 4G cards to numerous laptops and never had a problem. My advice it probably wait for someone to successfully add a modem.

3. Hendrickson

Hendrickson Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks for the reply it is the M2 or NGFF format but i'm unsure of the length. Thats odd that the DW5808E does not work, I remember Brian saying it was supported. Maybe it only runs on Dell's firmware and not OEM?

I guess we wait till someone posts a info working modem.

4. cueball

cueball Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, I can tell you that the EM7355 simply would not work. After 3 days and ATT trying to get it online (it saw the card, saw it was ATT, saw the mobile number but still said no service). I just got a mobile hotspot. Using it right now as a matter of fact and really wish I had not wasted my time trying to get a card to work. As Dell keeps cancelling orders for V11P with broadband cards it appears there is an issue so I just gave up. I read you got your replacement! Fantastic! Fortunately for me, mine has been very well behaved except for when that broadband card was installed, 3 blue screens after i put it in, none after I uninstalled it.

5. laigood

laigood Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone have V11P i3/i5 with broadband cards?

6. laigood

laigood Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the same problem with you,EM7355 no service:(

7. BFDHE

BFDHE Pen Pal - Newbie

I am trying the EM7355 now. (Before finding this thread). I have found that WIndows sees the card, but the Dell Venue does not register the EM7355 in the BIOS. Confirmed by swapping it with a "Dell" 5808e (EM7355) and the bios sees the card and signal is registered. It appears they have somehow locked the bios.

8. laigood

laigood Pen Pal - Newbie

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2014
  9. BFDHE

BFDHE Pen Pal - Newbie

The link comes back to an unavailable page. Please report if you don't mind. Might need to use TinyURL or another link truncator. - I did not purchase two different cards. I have 8 of the Dell Venue Pro 11. Some of them came with 5808e, some did not. We purchased some Em7355 from another supplier because Dell would not sell them to us. Thanks for your assistance.

10. IanO

IanO Pen Pal - Newbie

Remove the ",but" at the end of the link :)