Venue 10 Pro

Discussion in 'Dell' started by soh5, Mar 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cutterline

cutterline Scribbler - Standard Member

2. Mikerman

Mikerman Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Looks intriguingly similar to the HP active stylus, to a degree (similar tip; similar buttons)--I wonder if they are the same stylus, essentially, minus some exterior cosmetics/features.

Also, would be interesting to hear if this will work on the Dell Venue 8 Pro (even though not listed as compatible).

3. SlurredSpeechRecognition

SlurredSpeechRecognition Pen Pal - Newbie

They are not the same stylus. The venue 8 uses Synaptics while the new venue 10 pro uses wacom AES. (Refer to toshiba encore write thread.) For those of you that already have the tablet, how does the battery life fair? And on a side note, how does the stylus compare to other active digitizes (Synaptics aside, we all know the debacle that was.)

4. Mikerman

Debacle originally, remedied ultimately . . . .

5. SlurredSpeechRecognition

SlurredSpeechRecognition Pen Pal - Newbie

Haha I'll grant you that. I was just suggesting that dell is using a new stylus tech again (except its Wacom aes instead of Synaptics), and although they did ultimately remedy it, much to the chagrin of us early adopters, it was not remedied until much later. Here's to hoping we won't have to go through another remedy process!

6. Mikerman

Amen--in the books as, "What the heck were they thinking in letting it out originally?" One kind of wonders, did Dell move to Wacom just because it was so tired from the Synaptics mess . . . . I do wonder about the switch and the reason for it, after Dell presumably had sunk a tidy sum into the Synaptics version.

7. cutterline

cutterline Scribbler - Standard Member

That's easy, synaptics was utterly rubbish and by assuming that they're testing out the wacom tech in this device and see market reaction (more likely feedback rather than massive sales number) I wouldn't be surprised when the next iteration (2015-2016) use wacom more if the feedback is positive. Also, there is no different touch and pen component anymore like the old wacom tech so the BOM price different should be small to non-existent so they only need small adjustment on hardware and wacom (japanese quality) wouldn't let some pricks ruin their new baby. Their choice were only wacom and n-trig to remedy their synaptics choice. Well the neutral one is only wacom as n-trig is a part MS now.

Dell never include stylus in their venue iteration meaning either they are greedy bastard (pardon me) or they're checking out the market reaction or both as I believe.

Edit 1: Someone tested the DVP10 pen on toshiba and it didn't function properly. Although it is the same tech but something is different as described by the poster below
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/thr...t8-b-encore-2-write.63815/page-14#post-430880

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  8. Mikerman

Except that, the latest versions for the DV8P work pretty well.

9. cmergel

cmergel DBA by trade.

My favorite 3 words!

"Out for Delivery"

10. cmergel

cmergel DBA by trade.

In hand.
    Build quality is very nice. Like the overall dimensions.
    Currently charging it up and updating.
    The inking is very similar to the Surface Pro 3.

Attached Files:

bloodycape likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.