Venue 10 Pro

Discussion in 'Dell' started by soh5, Mar 3, 2015.

1. ericshmerick

ericshmerick Scribbler - Standard Member

It's boxed up and going back today. Sorry about that.

2. Pyxus

Pyxus Pen Pal - Newbie

Ah! Too bad - what did you think of the screen quality?
    Thanks

3. cmergel

cmergel DBA by trade.

What? What happened? Why going back? Defect? My pr will go through on Monday.

4. Pyxus

Pyxus Pen Pal - Newbie

Did you get a chance to read research papers on it? What's your impression?
    I also want to use it for this purpose... reading lots of PDFs 2-column format from my Mendeley library (biomed research mainly)

5. NotBatman

NotBatman Pen Pal - Newbie

Since it's all but confirmed this will have AES, anyone care to offer possible comparisons with the Write? I'm basically on the verge of ordering one of these two.

Both seem to have adequate build-quality, the pen on the Dell is a bit more interesting to me because of the plastic pen nib, which I imagine would wear less on a matte overlay. The toshiba's seems better out of the box but the lack of any replacement pen (or nibs?) is highly questionable. In fact Toshiba doesn't really seem to be supporting the product much at all at this point (no cases?), hopefully that will change.

Other questions for the Dell, what is the quality of the screen/color reproduction? Can anything on it be upgraded, can the battery be swapped?

6. SlurredSpeechRecognition

SlurredSpeechRecognition Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm with not batman in trying to decide between the toshiba write 10 and the dell venue pro 10. Could anyone attest to the accuracy of the stylus? I trust Wacom's new tech (considering the number of people happy with the write) but I'm not entirely comfortable with Dell, considering the debacle Synaptics was. If the dell stylus isn't terrible it's actually a much cheaper alternative when considering full HD and keyboard dock is only ~20$ more than an encore 10

7. NotBatman

Some more impressions... (none of stylus yet:mad:)

Pyxus likes this.
  8. Pyxus

Pyxus Pen Pal - Newbie

Strange, when you plug it in it sounds like you are attaching a USB device (little jingle)... is your usb power cable connected straight to the power brick or to another pc?
    Thanks for the vid!

9. NotBatman

Well that's not me, but the guy said he did get it working after some driver updates.

10. spoonman

spoonman Pen Pal - Newbie

How is the wifi strength for everyone else? My asus tab and phone get 3 bars on 2ghz n. But 1 bar on the venue 10.

But happy with the screen on my replacement. Uniform color. Something was definitely wrong with the first one