Venue 10 Pro

Discussion in 'Dell' started by soh5, Mar 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

Welps heres to hoping I can find a mobile companion that can digitize and have all the ports I need.

I ordered the venue 10 pro with keyboard bundle for 460 (After taxes and including pen). You have to buy the pen separately for another 36$. From their website the pen requires a AAA battery which I found interesting, not the usual AAAA.

I like the fact that this has a microHDMI port, microSD card slot, and a USB port. I hate relying on OTG cables!!!

I will post photos when I get my unit! :) The Encore 2 write was nice, but the resolution when reading papers (research publications) was getting on my nerves so I decided this would fit the bill with full HD resolution.

Lets hope this fits the bill for a mobile companion!

Pyxus and Bronsky like this.
  2. crazycat

crazycat Scribbler - Standard Member

Cool, I had been looking forward to this device, but most others in this forum doesn't seem interested.

There were rumor this device had Wacom EMR, but according to Dell store, it's Wacom but require battery so probably Wacom AES like the Encore Write.

I look forward to your experiences with the device:). Let us know if the pen is as good as the Encore Write, or if the Write pen work with this tablet or vice-versa(it seem the plastic tip of the Dell pen won't feel as good as the Write pen). I really like that it has a clamshell keyboard dock, and full sized USB is definitely a plus.

3. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Tablet looks great for the price. Curious to see how you like it.

4. NotBatman

NotBatman Pen Pal - Newbie

Seems like the first true competitor to the Write, will be interesting to see how they stack up.

5. Variable

Variable SiteCharts.com

Would love to know which pens work with this.
    Got the Dell pens and a couple of Wacom (passive) pens and don't want to spend another $30 on yet another pen.

6. spoonman

spoonman Pen Pal - Newbie

Mine arrived today. Keyboard was delayed for some reason. Found a 15% coupon for accessories so it dropped the price of the keyboard down 14 bucks or so. Waiting for my dell rewards to credit to buy the pen. Have it charging right now

7. cmergel

cmergel DBA by trade.

Need more info man! First impressions... Look and feel...

8. spoonman

This is my first windows tab since my Surface Pro 1. I like the feel. Square/blocky edges. The side edges feel extra rubberized to me, making it feel secure in my hands. Screen looks crisp. I bought the HD version. Kinda disappointed that it has some light bleed on the left side for me though. You can see it during the black Dell boot up screen.

It feels sturdy for me. Did a "flex test" and it didnt creak or anything. I remember my surface pro 1 had a terrible screen creak when picked up/flexed.

The volume, power, and windows key buttons are raised. This is my first Dell tab so i dont know if that is the norm or not. Picked this tablet up because I had a 120 "dell advantage" reward promo credit to burn.

Windows is going through it set-up as we speak!

*edit*

Some text items come up blurry. Example, the Dell registration pop up windows wasn't as clear as the desktop icon text.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  9. crazycat

crazycat Scribbler - Standard Member

Does the tablet have SDcard slot? Just checked Dell website and found that these is no SD card slot mentioned. I didn't notice thinking it will be like the 11 and 8 version. If there is no SD card, that would be a deal breaker for me.

10. spoonman

There is a micro sd card slot on the right side.

crazycat likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.