Vegas baby, 2019 (CES)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kumabjorn, Jan 4, 2019.

1. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Lenovo just announced the 2019 X1 Yoga 4th gen, see this thread.

YVerloc likes this.
  2. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

Marty likes this.
  3. dellaster

dellaster Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

4. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

From the link:
    "The Predator Triton 900 uses what Acer calls an Ezel Aero Hinge, which can flip, extend, or recline the display, which is a 17-inch 4K touchscreen."

Now if that's an AES panel...

Dam if Acer did not just build the portable Studio I was dreaming about only seconds earlier. :D

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    nnthemperor and YVerloc like this.
  5. YVerloc

YVerloc Scribbler - Standard Member

Now /that’s/ what I’m talking about. Hope it’s got pen support soooo much.

6. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

7. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

It'll have emr, but it won't ship until 2022 to fulfil Acer tradition. Like the Switch 7 Black. :D

8. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

That Acer Predator is like the concept car of the computer world.

We've had a number of exciting one-off builds shown off early at these kinds of events (but which reviewers aren't allowed to turn on). It's a looooong way from design department to hitting the "On" switch at some Chinese fabrication plant, -and the more unique and highly anticipated the design, the more barriers to release there seem to be.

On the plus side... we've seen this kind of design pop up before, and from Acer as well. Anyone remember the Acer Aspire R13? It had a pen, too!

[​IMG]
    I was planning to get one of these, (back when 13.3" was considered a Big Screen. Oh, those days were dry indeed..).

Turns out, however, that the pen was junk, so at least for artists, this computer was a big nothing.

As an aside... I don't think licensing from Wacom means as much as it once did. Even if you do pay their licensing fee, Wacom seems to refuse (or just coincidentally-on-purpose, fails) to give you a fulling working version of their tech. I don't know if that's an above board, in-the-contract refusal, or if they're being scheming snakes about it, but they do have a tendency of late to ship downgraded gear/drivers to competitors.

9. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Yippy kye yeah MF.
    Finally someone who came out with an e-ink keyboard. Interesting that they put one big screen underneath it, that gave them usage of front lighting. Don't care that it is pricey, now I can switch languages instantly and don't have to remember where parenthesis or exclamation points go when I use a different language.

But it looks like the Shift alternative wasn't shown until you actually pushed the shift button.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  10. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Hah!

I bought a Japanese keyboard a couple of years ago and used it for most of 2017, (it was compact and well engineered and it fit in my bag nicely, but also... I wanted to be the only guy around with a Japanese keyboard!)

Annnnnd, now I'm better at visual memory games.

I was almost happy when the enter key became weirdly unresponsive and the whole thing needed replacing.