VAIO Z Canvas User Reviews and Impressions

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by Steve S, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Fungus

Fungus Pen Pal - Newbie

Touching the display seems to free the curser. I think it has something to do with the touch input.
    I've just tried using sketchbook pro with a stylus the touch input keeps jumping to the top right corner

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  2. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...Touching the display seems to free the curser...>>

...Go back to the VAIO product support page and download "VJZ12A *, VJZ13A * touch panel calibration tool" to your desktop

Note that this is an executable and doesn't need to be "installed." It can be executed from the desktop.

Run it to calibrate the touchscreen and see if things improve.

3. Fungus

Fungus Pen Pal - Newbie

I honestly don't know what to do.
    The machine is basically unusable with no real means to navigating around.

4. Fungus

Fungus Pen Pal - Newbie

Arhh so flustered. Though changing back to the defaults values in rhe registry would solve issue but no!!

Maybe its the anniversary beta drivers that's the cause of this jumping curser??

5. Fungus

Fungus Pen Pal - Newbie

Or maybe it's a delicate driver conflict thing. If so could someone recommend a free software that detects duplicate drivers?

6. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

This is the digitizer grounding issue which a common problem. Voltage drift will lock your cursor to the top right as errantly detected pen or touch input.

You can try grounding the case by touching the metal chassis while plugging/unplugging the AC adapter and also try the possible workarounds I posted here, but there is no permanent fix that I know of.

@Steve S this issue is becoming so common (I've answered this exact question about 3-4 times) that maybe we should sticky this info somewhere.

7. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

@Marty : Write this up as a stand-alone post and start a new discussion thread. As soon as I see it, I'll pin it...

8. Fungus

Fungus Pen Pal - Newbie

My issue is a little different though because touch navigation with my fingers still work fine even when the curser is stuck in the corner.

9. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Are you sure you read through the linked posts @Fungus? Many variations of the issue exist, the common link being that they all are caused by AES digitizer drift.

Please try the workarounds first and report back.

@Steve S it's quite a bit to write up, so I'll need some time to get around to it. (And since there is no known universal fix, the typical "complete guides" I prefer to make, cannot be written.)

For now, I guess if someone asks again you can just link them to my post(s).

10. Fungus

Fungus Pen Pal - Newbie

But the system had already been reinstalled when i received it and just newly installed all the vaio drivers.

Tried touching the back casing while using the pen but no luck