VAIO Z Canvas User Reviews and Impressions

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by Steve S, Oct 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Aren't you glad you came back to the Canvas? ;)

You can see why even with all the new tablets being released, it's hard to get excited about anything else.

2. BadArtist

BadArtist Pen Pal - Newbie

Wow that's interesting, I wonder if the new pen tech wacom uses for the MobileStudioPro requires less processing power to work well because it got great reviews but of course the VC is better for heavier task like rendering etc.

3. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yea, once I was able to fully transition the ZC to my single machine driving my monitors, it really brought out its beastliness.

Before, it was a secondary machine to an already super powerful desktop and just seemed completely overkill. Now I have everything on it and just unplug a single USB cable and I'm off to class. Battery life is obviously not the best, but my daily routine has never set me without power yet.

And one more thing to add: I have had zero problems with this ZC and hopefully (knock on wood) if I do, it's before February 2018 when the Microsoft Complete lapses. The Surface Pro 3 I had before required registry settings to enable hibernation and force it any time I pushed the power button or closed the Type Cover because the thing would not sleep correctly and would wake up constantly roasting in my backpack. Not a single issue with the ZC, sleeps wonderfully.

4. BadArtist

Good to hear you've found something that works for you....makes the world seem less hellish you know?

jbaks likes this.
  5. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I guess. It's just a computer... ;)

6. hipno515

hipno515 Pen Pal - Newbie

I've figured it's still the best around. quad core hyperthreading. ntrig. I can run multi programs via usb hub. babyfacepro ableton equator midifighter kronos SPDIF etc and when those fans start its still quiet. Just need to wait for cintiq pro 16 to increase screen size for CSPaint and ableton. No need for razerbladepro nor macbook pro with usb 3.1 or thunderbolt 3 at this stage.

7. BadArtist

I've heard bitwig is better suited for tablets this size vs ableton and is fairly similar to ableton as u probably already know.

I'm gonna try it today alongside multiple vst's(serum, omnisphere, kontakt etc.) I hope it's more fun than sitting on my arse with a mouse and keyboard!

I might even try that game Civilization V which I heard might be the best strategy game to utilize a stylus... it's GoodTimes nowadays! Cheers!

8. BadArtist

Hey guys,

You might remember me complaining about the stylus to screen delay a while back. I just want to clarify that the issue was mostly mitigated and now the only issue I'm having is with the scrollbars in windows having a short delay in responding immediately after I initialize contact with the pen, especially while moving the pen slowly.

I changed to a new AAAA battery so thats not the issue.
    Thanks in advance for a helpful suggestion to this!

9. hipno515

hipno515 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for suggestion. I'll look into bitwig as it supports Roli MPE.

10. BadArtist

Nevermind guys, I realize the issue I was having was because I had the tap and hold with the pen for right clicking was set too fast by me. So when I tried to slowly move sliders in photoshop for example, the pen would try to initiate a right click and hindered my attempts to move the slider.

Enjoy 2017! Later

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.