VAIO Z Canvas trackpad

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by D G, May 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D G

D G Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone been able to utilize more than 2 fingers on the VAIO Z Canvas (Windows 10)? The trackpad ON THE COMPUTER even has the capabilities, but those same functions unfortunately do not transfer to the actual keyboard trackpad :mad:
    I have been wondering if the windows 8 version had/has more functions, but have been unable to find VZC win8 bootdisk (sigh).

Any thoughts or any one able to even use 3 fingers and/or is able to do the equivalent of sliding in from the side(s)?

DG

2. jbaks

jbaks Scribbler - Standard Member

yea the sliding in from the sides isnt a function of the external keyboard on the canvas. You can use it a good distance away from the actual tablet itself which is nice if theres ever a circumstance when thats needed since the keyboard uses RF frequency to connect to the tablet. Just msg me if you want me to do any tests for you on my canvas to compare if thats something you want.

3. D G

D G Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the reply! I didn't think you could swipe from the sides (unfortunately) but am just surprised VAIO wouldn't use a precision style trackpad.
    So am I correct in thinking you can only use two finger gestures?
    This makes me sad :'(

4. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yea, it's a shame Vaio still hasn't released any software to control the trackpad; it's a pretty poor implementation in my opinion.

D G likes this.
  5. D G

D G Pen Pal - Newbie

[Sigh] Yeaa..I was considering opening up the keyboard to see how easy it'd be to switch out the trackpad or if it was even plausible. I'd be a little more likely to try it out if i could find any online pictures of someone taking it apart. Sadly, atm I can only find pictures of the main CPU taken apart

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.