VAIO Z Canvas slate 12.3" @ 3:2 w/ 95% RGB...yes!

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by Marty, Oct 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I realize that, but a quick screenshot of a powercfg report would be greatly appreciated.

2. neongolden

neongolden Scribbler - Standard Member

Update on the Surface Pro 4 pen issue I talked about a while back:

I had the issue end up happening again after that last post I wrote where I thought it was the usual wireless interference. This time it was at a location outside my house, and it doesn't happen with the Vaio pen. So, I went ahead and returned it.

However, my research is inconclusive (sorry). I had intended to go to the library and replace it with a third AAAA battery one last time, just to be absolutely sure it was not a battery issue, but on my way there I ended up pulling into the Best Buy instead. The problem is, in my haste, I had changed the pack-in battery with one salvaged from one of my other Ntrig pens... it's possible I had merely put another dud inside it, but unlikely. Furthermore, when I consider how two other people posted in to say they had the same experience, I just got tired of it...

I do feel bad because I can't remember if I put the original battery back in when I returned it. Between the THREE Vaio pens I ended up with -- two Sony VGP-STD2s and one Vaio pen with the cap broken off -- I have all these Energizer pack-in batteries mixed up. I haven't opened the container yet of off-brand quad-As that I bought from Radio Shack many months ago.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  3. neongolden

neongolden Scribbler - Standard Member

Yeah, I'm such an idiot. I should have tried a battery out of the unopened pack. Oh well, I guess if it continues to bother me over the coming days, I can go buy another one and see what happens. However, I'm happy with the VAIO pen.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
  4. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yea well, seems the sale is over. Should've pulled the trigger yesterday. Prices are back to their unattainable extremes.

5. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

The Canvas AC-adapter has such a connector, right?
    71sOHloq-QL.jpg

6. Edwood

Edwood Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes. You can use an adapter if you want to use the standard ungrounded 2 prong C7 power cable.

7. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...The Canvas AC-adapter has such a connector, right?..>>

The connector shown in your post is a C5 connector. As Edwood says, the two-prong (ungrounded) connector is a C7. C5 to C7 adapters are available on Amazon and eBay, among other places; for example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-2-in-1-...140464?hash=item3cd5828cb0:g:1fMAAMXQILVSJ~2h

You can also buy very short cords or very long cords (10 ft, 6 ft, 1ft)with either connector from www.cyberguys.com . Again, an example:

http://www.cyberguys.com/product-search/?keyword=c5+c7

I have dealt with CyberGuys for many years and can vouch for their quality...

8. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks, it's just because I need a new cable with a different plug for our sockets in germany ;)

9. Edwood

Edwood Scribbler - Standard Member

Wish there was a C5 to NEMA 1-15p (3 pin socket on power supply end, 2 prong ungrounded on the AC mains plug end) cable. But it would be easier to just buy an older Sony Vaio AC Adapter with the C7 connector.

10. Jolly

Jolly Pen Pal - Newbie

neongolden and ATIVQ like this.