VAIO Z Canvas slate 12.3" @ 3:2 w/ 95% RGB...yes!

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by Marty, Oct 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

@FtYoU, any chance you could run 3DMark on your Canvas? It would be great to see where it falls relative to all the other devices I've tested. The Surface Pro 3 is pretty far down on the list, better than only 8% of all devices tested.

2. FtYoU

FtYoU Pen Pal - Newbie

As a matter of fact I did. I apologize I have only the free version, The Canvas if I remember correctly was better than 45% on ice storm and 20% on fire strike. I could recheck those numbers later.

3. FtYoU

FtYoU Pen Pal - Newbie

Should I had also that regarding the SP3 I was running alien isolation with a cooling fan to avoid the throttling, it was pretty funny though with only one usb port I had to plug a dock for the fan and the mouse :)

Marty and Vaga like this.
  4. Vaga

Vaga Scribbler - Standard Member

@FtYoU really appreciate the reviewing /reporting. Looks like this device could really be what I buy next (depending on the U.S. Fall config.

Can you check the windows battery life? I'm assuming you're running these games on the windows side anyway :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
  5. FenderP

FenderP Scribbler - Standard Member

I'd add more power - 16GB, up to 1TB of internal SSD (not just better hardware like better processor). I really would have preferred RAIDed 512s not just two separate because it's easier to deal with as one chunk but on the other hand, it makes other things easier. Win some, lose some.

The keyboard is really nice, and if you hated the Tap 11 keyboard, I can definitely tell you this is not that rehashed. Similar concept, totally different execution.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  6. FenderP

It does, but it's in the system. Loads right up, no issues.

Not flying for a couple of weeks, will do the cross country test then. Right now my battery is set to stop charging at 80% to save battery.

7. FenderP

Tablet, as I've said, is secondary. For me it's about the power in this small of a form factor. It's not totally quiet. For example, right now I'm installing Adobe CC and the fan has kicked on at times but the Surface Pro 3 it definitely is not! That thing would have overheated by now multiple times and would sound like it needs to take off of a runway.

I will be using the pen for things like Adobe Acrobat and for music composition. I was going to get StaffPad, but now that Sibelius 8 supports pen ...

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  8. Mikkles

Mikkles Pen Pal - Newbie

Just ordered my Canvas thanks to the reviews and pics I found here :).

9. markj

markj Pen Pal - Newbie

How on earth were you guys able to switch Language for the Win OS. I can get English keyboard but it just doesn't seem to want to download/install for the system language?

10. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Can't you setup RAID0 in the bios? (image of your HD, then re-image back after raiding)

From @FtYoU's description, his fans seem to be a lot quieter than that. From most descriptions, this thing remains nearly silent under light load, or am I wrong about that @FtYoU?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.