Vaio Z Canvas Pen

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by carnageX12, Jun 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

@Marty

It uses essentially the same thing (there are a few differences) but a slightly more complete version (developed by someone else, not me), found here (on the webpage, you'll see under Pen Events that there are more USAGE constants):
    https://github.com/jonathanyip/Surface-Pro-3-AutoHotkey

Following the instructions on there is rather easy.

The script I shared on Reddit uses PEN_2ND_BTN_HOVERING. Have you tried it? As I said, I haven't tried to play with everything but I think this can go a long way to providing enhanced functionality to the pens. And this being AutoHotkey, you can remap conditionally depending on the active program, etc.

I'd be happy to help with any of this.

I'm glad you like Toolbar Creator!

Marty likes this.
  2. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'm going to block off a time to experiment with different pen scripts/utilities again. I'm going to give this a try and also see if I can program a full replacement to RadialMenu in AHK.

Thanks a lot for the link! This is really awesome...just wish I had more time! :p

3. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Cool. Let me know if you need help. Looking forward to see your discoveries! Good luck!

4. carnageX12

carnageX12 Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah that was what I was looking for before when I was trying to add programs, thank you. I remember reading it before but could never find it again no matter how much I searched, can't wait to try it after the weekend. I'll also look into changing the side buttons more then. I have the vaio pen, surface 4 pen, and bamboo ink, so somewhere between the three I should be able to achieve what I want. I'll look into the radial menu as well. I was actually looking into what the people on this forum were doing https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=7589 Also saw this one about right click while hovering https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=30422 I wasn't able to get either to work yet, but was still messing with them.

5. D G

D G Pen Pal - Newbie

Woah so this is messing with me!
    I had my pen set up from the windows 'pen shortcuts' section in settings. I had it assigned to open an app, show the desktop, and use the snipping tool when the button was held down. Each one of them worked consistently and it was as if the VAIO button control settings (clear & right click) were overridden.
    BUT,
    my L/R buttons haven't been working, so I tried to fix them up last night.
    NOW, the L/R buttons do work, but the pen has gone back to the VAIO button control settings (so the 'pen shortcuts' settings no longer work).
    Will have to see if i can get them to start running again.