Vaio Z Canvas display mapping feature?

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by n8finn, Jun 14, 2017.

1. n8finn

n8finn Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys,
    I thought I read somewhere in a VZC product review that there was a way to map the digitizer to an area on an external monitor? I'm in the market for an external monitor and I'm pretty sure that it needs to be 4k.....Adobe CC apps don't switch to 100% when I move the Windows over to my "2k" screen (27" Apple LED display). Other than the Adobe apps everything else seems to scale / adjust fine (Windows 10 has come a long way)....anyway, if there was some hidden feature that'd allow me to do something like Astropad on Mac / iOS that'd be pretty kewl.

That said, any recommendations on 4k monitors? I'm seeing some reasonable prices on Dell 27" 4k ones nowadays.

Thanks as always

2. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The feature you're talking about is called the "stylus mapping" feature:

Unique stylus mapping capabilities
    The pen mapping function on the device is still available to use when mirroring on a large color monitor at home or in the office. The shortcut keys are also still available so you can enjoy continuity of work flow while using the stylus.

It is accessed via a button at the bottom of VAIO Hotbar, which appears after you connect an external display:

[​IMG]

It will allow you to use the Z Canvas like Intuos tablet to map your pen input to the external monitor, so you can draw with the larger display.

3. n8finn

n8finn Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the reply @Marty the VAIO Support guys said it wasn't a feature since I used the term "display mapping" in my question. Oh well, can't wait to try this out.

Side note, has anyone on here connected a Cintiq display to the Canvas? Do the drivers conflict at all?

4. HowdyDoody

HowdyDoody Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone have any ideas on how to do something like this with any other windows tablet?