Vaio Z Canvas // 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD // All Packaging // SP4 Pen // 2 Chargers // Plugable USB3 Dock

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade and Tablet PC Deals' started by Mr. Boosh, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

1) Vaio Z Canvas with Plugable USB 3.0 Docking Station for a full desktop set-up!

2) Used

3) Second post

4) Realize recent sales of this version are between $1300 and $1500 not including dock. Please make me an offer through PM, I am open to the very nice members of this community

5) PayPal Gift

6) CONUS USPS Priority Mail 2/3-day

7) Many sales/buys here on TPCR, 40 sales on Swappa, 280 sales on eBay; all 100% positive

Hey guys, with school back in full swing I'm realizing that where I am now with my studies, I'd prefer a full fledged laptop with convertible capabilities. The Z Canvas has been my trusty companion for almost 2 years. I have taken very good care of this machine. Most of the time it is in desktop format connected to the Plugable USB 3.0 Docking station which drives 2x1080p monitors and all my other peripherals.

The machine has been set at 80% maximum charging (battery health mode) and battery wear shows as 3.8%.

It has always been transported in a padded backpack. There is some wear from tables and desks, but otherwise it is in pretty damn good shape.

Comes with all original packaging, pamphlets, boxes, etc. The Vaio pen disappeared but I will include the SP4 pen with its packaging and extra nibs. I have the Vaio pen holder that slots into the USB port, although I've never used it.

I am considering switching to a ThinkPad or HP x360 but I'd like to be in talks with someone about selling this before lining up my next purchase.

I am extremely busy this weekend with schoolwork but wanted to get this up. I will follow up post with pictures later this evening or tomorrow the latest. Feel free to ask any questions!

2. jbaks

jbaks Scribbler - Standard Member

we were canvas brothers for so long and now this. Bump for the greatest unicorn of all time! Still using my canvas every day. If for ever some reason you want to sell the keyboard separately Im always looking for more as they are delicate. Its kinda funny back when I was looking to buy the canvas their really was only a few brand new ones left. I keep track of them on ebay for some sadistic reason, but I got one of the very very last brand new ones that were left in the wild if not the last one ever.

Keep in mind potential buyers the keyboard that the canvas comes with is wirelessly connected to the laptop which I dont think is done on any other crossover/2in1/hybrid/convertable tablet which is a huge bonus. Even Microsoft's Surface Book keyboard has to be connected to the tablet other wise its a paperweight.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  3. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Haha yes! I'm actually typing on the Vaio Z Canvas right now, but it has been relegated to my "desktop." It remains plugged in all the time, set to battery protector mode, connected to dual monitors and all my peripherals, and the ZC screen is used as my "hub" with emails and text messages always open. It's been doing great like this! I'm leaving this ad up just in case someone is interested, but I actually might keep it as my desktop and run it into the ground. I've already had it for 3 years like this.

jbaks likes this.
  4. jbaks

jbaks Scribbler - Standard Member

Well its nice to know yours is still going strong. Ebay gets a lot of activity, this is just such a niche item tho the crowd looking to buy this has long since sailed from the dock. Their are always a few left on ebay that stay up but thats about it.

It might take you a long time to run it into the ground since they are built like tanks. Other then the battery issues/corner pointer glitch, they feel extremely solid and luxury. You could set a reserve on an ebay auction and see what happens, people do bid on these still but you prob would get somewhere between 800-950 i would assume, maybee bit more or less plus fees. This item seems to bring rouge bidders tho, as alot of niche items do. You have sold alot, more then I so you would know more about this probably but iv noticed with the canvas auctions they are repeatedly put back up because of dead beat bidders or scammers just like alot of things are on ebay.