Vaio UX Users Thread!!!!

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by AdrianAldermar, Mar 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. photojournalist6

photojournalist6 Pen Pal - Newbie

I am truly surprised that there are no postings here by UX users, this machine is just amazing. I was a Pocket PC user for years, started with a ViewSonic about 6 or 7 years ago, went to the Ipaq 2200 then to the Ipaq 4700(very nice machine especially after I installed WM6) then ordered the new Ipaq 210(not so good, had to send it back too many problems) then I replaced that with a Sony Vaio UX380N running Windows Vista two days later (Have had it about 2 weeks now). I am just learning how to use it but I see great potential, as soon as I figure out the Zoom thing(it is a little hard to see what I'm writing in my Photoshop captions with my old eyes on this machine).

I have already found some tweaks to make its performance a little faster but I was hoping to find a forum where UX users where discussing their uses, problems and solutions all in one place.

When I worked with the Pocket PCs, finding or creating tweaks to make the OS or programs work more efficiently for myself and other users was the most exciting thing about owning a computer that could fit in your pocket. I am hoping for the same experience with the UX. Other than that this is only a device to edit and send photos back to the office from the field, boring!

Anybody else own one of these hi-tech Pocket PCs or am I the only one?

I would love to see a UX users thread get started or maybe there is a good one going on somewhere else that somebody could tell me about.

Thanks in advance.

Pat

2. fool4net

fool4net Pen Pal - Newbie

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. photojournalist6

photojournalist6 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks, that is what I was looking for.

Pat

4. gordoncahill

gordoncahill Scribbler - Standard Member

I have a UX. micropctalk is the place to go. Here for everything else though.

Gordon

5. AdrianAldermar

AdrianAldermar Pen Pal - Newbie

hi,
    I am truly surprised that there are no postings here by UX users, this machine is just amazing. I was a Pocket PC user for years, started with a ViewSonic about 6 or 7 years ago, went to the Ipaq 2200 then to the Ipaq 4700(very nice machine especially after I installed WM6) then ordered the new Ipaq 210(not so good, had to send it back too many problems) then I replaced that with a Sony Vaio UX380N running Windows Vista two days later (Have had it about 2 weeks now). I am just learning how to use it but I see great potential, as soon as I figure out the Zoom thing(it is a little hard to see what I'm writing in my Photoshop captions with my old eyes on this machine).

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.