Vaio tap 11 Defects/error (please contribute)

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by orangpelupa, Dec 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seemebreakthis

seemebreakthis Pen Pal - Newbie

Is it just me or has the latest sony-released patch really fixed the keyboard problems?

Updated the 'keyboard registry patch' via vaio update just now, and so far

1. press and hold a key for a long time does not seem to freeze the keyboard anymore. tested with MS Word and the key i hold just continues to be repeated. Cool, problem fixed here for me.

2. no more frozen keyboard (fingers crossed). What i used to do whenever the keyboard stops responding (as suggested elsewhere in this forum) is to activate the on screen keyboard and then press the shift button three times to bring the wireless keyboard back to life. Quite a nuisance even with this workaround. but after installing the patch, so far so good.

3. missed keystrokes - this still occurs but seemingly less frequently. i have had to go back maybe twice so far in this message because of missed keystrokes. In general I am feeling the keyboard to be a little more responsive.

You can manually download the patch here if for any reason the VAIO update doesn't alert you with this update: Keyboard Receiver Registry Setting version 20140723 : Download : Sony Asia Pacific

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.