Vaio tap 11 Defects/error (please contribute)

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by orangpelupa, Dec 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orangpelupa

orangpelupa Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello vaio tap 11 users or future user :)
    I just got one a few days ago and experienced some defects/error. Some are already posted here, some other are not

please help to contribute to the defect list, we may can push sony to make a fix. (this is a premium product, we should get premium support).

Wireless keyboard
    - keyboard typing performance took a nosedive when in close proximity with multiple cellphone
    - touch pad refuse to work precisely. Works fine if i ground myself to a ceramic floor. Really annoying when using *****/sandals.
    - When typing aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.... it suddenly stops
    - when holding one keyboard button (CTRL) while moving mouse using touchpad, the mouse cursor will have low fps (jumpy/stutter) and laggy
    - The keyboard sometime not working (no mouse cursur), always fixed after pressing windows button once (on keyboard).
    - no battery indicator for keyboard in windows desktop/metro.

Software
    - IR Remote app wil say hardware failure after upgrating to windows 8.1 if it already have remote profile. Fixed by deleting all.
    - The antivirus trial are potentially dangerous for those that new in computer (it disables windows defender even after i refuse the trial).
    - the bravia engine are too harsh. It changes the picture profile/colour/contrast in jarring manner, it should be changing it gradually and smooth

Etc
    - USB port not working, works after enabling "usb boot" on BIOS

Defective by design (fix for vaio tap 11 mark 2?)
    - cant charge keyboard while using the tablet
    - annoying flaps
    - reversed mSD slot (it should be put upside down for easier removal)
    - mouse hardware click button too stiff
    - windos button on tablet too recessed and too stiff
    - charger port are hard to attach, super easy to remove. I think sony should use magnetic port.
    - the fan doesnt have obvious intake area
    - its super hot on back-top-left (near exhaust)
    - its loud when gaming or installing things
    - IR need more power. currently its too "directional line of sight".

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
    hootenanny likes this.
  2. orangpelupa

Update
    - keyboard typing performance took a nosedive when in close proximity with multiple cellphone
    - touch pad refuse to work precisely. Works fine if i ground myself to a ceramic floor. Really annoying when using *****/sandals.

3. matevam

matevam Pen Pal - Newbie

- I am looking for a way to set the touch gesture on the touch pad. In my previous laptops, i can configure the tab and drag to have delay so that i can lift my finger and continue to drag.
    - The keyboard keeps stop working after awhile. At first i thought it was batter issue. The only way i can get it to work again is to put the keyboard back onto the screen to charge for a few seconds and then remove it. But based on what i read, it is not batter, but putting it to sleep. Need to try out more. I know switching off and on the keyboard doesnt work for me.
    - The USB port and HDMI is where the pen holder is. Once i attach the pen holder i cant connect USB devices.
    - I encountered at least 2 times, while connected to power and working on it halfway, the whole machine just died. Powered off. Pressing the power button, it starts again and everything is fine.

orangpelupa likes this.
  4. orangpelupa

unfortunately Vaio Tap 11 mouse and keyboard are detected as generic without custom app :(

Uninstall the HID Keyboard in Device manager then click refresh. It will work again.
    Im currently working for easier shortcut to use this workaround.

i encountered it yesterday for 2 times, today for 5 times. It happens randomly.
    I still dont found the cause.

keep posting here :)
    im writing an in-depth review for Vaio Tap 11 and will send the review to Sony Indonesia. And see what their response.

So if you guys get any problems with Vaio Tap 11, keep posting :)

Review should be published in Jan 2014.

5. matevam

matevam Pen Pal - Newbie

Was travelling yesterday and forgot my spare battery for my iPhone. Decided to use the tab 11 USB to charge the phone. But I wasn't able to find the settings to Allow the USB port to charge while in sleep mode. Or with the screen offed.

Starting to miss my acer S7 that had this function. The S7 also had an issue with auto off but it only happens in battery (even if battery is charged) this tab 11 dies suddenly while still plugged in!

6. chaosmonger

chaosmonger Pen Pal - Newbie

I just posted a reply to the main thread... but I'm shocked by the fact that you cannot customize the touchpad!!!
    how's that possible!?!?! do I need to download some drivers? in that case, which ones!?
    this is very annoying... even the worse computer in the world allow you to change the mouse settings!!!

7. orangpelupa

@matevam
    actually when my vaio tap still on Windows 8, i can use it to charge while sleep. Now it cant since im on wnows 8.1. Still did not find the solution :(

@chaosmonger
    yups the mouse area huge dissapoinment. Its also too coarse and have too low capacitance.

as for the options, we cant customize it because windows see the mouse as standard mouse. i have not detective-ing the hardwar ID.

but generally, prefix
    SYN = synaptic
    EL = elan

8. Nthknd

Nthknd Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone having the weak wifi issue? My dell venue 8 pro connect faster and quicker then the tap 11 in the same spot. I read that the flip and duo had wifi issues but only one person complain of poor wifi reception bon the tap. I got the pentium but might go back and get the I5. Unsure about Sony as I also have the tap 20 but had to send it in for wifi issues. And yes all other computers and tablets connect fine just the Sony seem to have issues. Must be the centreno wifi adapter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

9. orangpelupa

hello, vaio tap 11 review has been published on Vaio Tap 11 Review - Gamexeon.com but the website still undergoing major redesign process. Its in indonesian, not english.

Basically it cover the problems stated in this forum and i also have forwarded questions to Sony and waiting for their replies (last time i ask them, it took 1 month for reply, sheesh...)

btw some game benchmark
    [​IMG]

10. orangpelupa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.