vaio duo 11 Fan rotate faster on battery!

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by sunlight, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunlight

sunlight Pen Pal - Newbie

vaio duo 11 fan speed increase when on battery and when connect it to the power adapter the fan speed decrease. did anyone notes it?
    I think it start after update the bios to R1061C7

2. anfederin

anfederin Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi.
    I have the new vaio duo two days ago (the silver model, with a i5 3337, 8gb RAM and 256GB). One of the first things that I did just unboxing, is download the new bios from sony support web (same versión that you have)...and I noted that you are saying...

...my fan are noiser with i´m on battery using that on AC (more noise and more battery comsumption).

The only temporal solution that I found is under VAIO CONTROL CENTER, in the battery option you can manage the noise/refrigeration...so the fan speed. You can try use the silent mode (I dont know if english this choice is named "silent" because Im from Spain :( ).
    Now the battery using is less noise.

NOTE: after a lot of time Reading this fórum...this is my first post.

3. kiyu727

kiyu727 Pen Pal - Newbie

I only noticed that the fan would get really loud when it was on battery and in tablet mode.
    As fix I have it all the time on silent like the previous post said.
    Now I only get to hear the fan on heavy load which is good.
    I check cpu temp from time to time just to make sure everythings fine.

4. sunlight

sunlight Pen Pal - Newbie

I don’t have in VAIO CONTROL CENTER, any option in power and battery to manage noise.

5. sonus911

sonus911 Scribbler - Standard Member

The fans go on in tablet mode because the CPU is getting less ventilation (take a look and you'll be able to spot the vents that are blocked when the screen is down.

As to controlling fan speed manually, Make sure to start VAIO Control Center (not Vaio Care). Click "Power and Battery" on the left hand menu. The second control category is "Cooling and Performance" select Silent from the drop-down and close control center; your fan should now be silent.

6. anfederin

anfederin Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi. If you havent the VAIO CONTROL CENTER, I recomend to install (sure you know that can find it under sony support)...is a light application and has this and other interesting optios (like change the frecuency of the screen in both modes (AD and battery).