VAIO Control Center - Overnight Charging and USB Charging only enabled until the next sleep/shutdown

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by seemebreakthis, Jun 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seemebreakthis

seemebreakthis Pen Pal - Newbie

These two functions used to work fine on my VAIO Tap 11.

Dunno what I have done to it, but recently I discovered the USB Charging and Overnight Charging functions will stop working if I do the following:

1. Set up the functions and parameters properly in VAIO Control Center
    2. Quit Control Center, the settings stick and overnight charging works as expected for instance
    3. Put machine to sleep / shutdown. Functions still working as expected (e.g. USB port will still actively charge any device connected to it)
    4. I wake up the machine. THEN THE FUNCTIONS STOP WORKING.

What I have found so far is that when I disable (and stop) the 'VAIO Event Service', then the problem is gone. But I am not too sure what this service does to the system and whether disabling it will have any negative impact...?

Any help appreciated. :hi2:

2. seemebreakthis

... answering my own post here...

if 'vaio event service' is stopped, the ambient light sensor stops working... :(

so... please help me!

3. seemebreakthis

Problem solved.

1. Go to C:\ProgramData\Sony Corporation\VAIO Control Center
    2. Delete the file CurrentSettingProfileData.xml
    3. Stop and restart the service "VAIO Event Service"
    4. Start VAIO Control Center and reconfigure every setting

During the troubleshooting process I actually managed to uninstall VAIO Control Center while experimenting and for a long while regretted my decision as there seemed to be no way of getting the installation bits back. That is, until I stumbled across a site that contains just about every original SONY VAIO Tap 11 installation software. I think every Tap 11 owner should bookmark this site if not actually download everything in it as a backup. Otherwise I believe some of the essential functionalities can only be restored if you use the recovery tool and completely wipe your harddrive clean to restore back to factory settings (and Windows 8.0).

Sony VAIO Tap 11 SVT112290S Drivers Windows 8.1 - Aceh Soft