VAIO CANVAS Z - REPLACEMENT KEYBOARD

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by Neil Warren, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Neil Warren

Neil Warren Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi - I new to this forum so if the question has already been asked my apologies - I have a two year old Vaio Canvas Z laptop which the best and fastest lap I have ever had I love it. Today I totally screwed up and have damaged my keyboard betond repair. I see on the website that the Canvas has been discountinued. Does anyone know if it is possible to get a replacement keyboard ? I Have e-mailed Vaio support but had no response. I am based in the UK so the phone number they give out does not work in the UK. I use this laptop for my business and I totally stuffed and up the swanny without a paddle without it.

Any help / information would be very greatly appreciated

Thanks

2. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...Does anyone know if it is possible to get a replacement keyboard ?..>>

...Neil: It appears that VAIO's customer service has deteriorated in the years since they became a stand-alone company. Although I can't speak for their overseas operations, I can say the US.VAIO is no longer as responsive as they used to be, and VAIO's US offerings have become stagnant. Therefore, unless you can find a used or refurbished ZC keyboard on a For Sale forum or auction site (like eBay), I think you will need to consider an alternative.

Fortunately, there are BlueTooth keyboards that are relatively thin, and some are even back-lit. There is no reason why one of them wouldn't work perfectly well with your ZC, although you might have to pay some attention to initial connectivity. Here are two examples, but there are many sizes and shapes to choose from:

https://www.anker.com/products/vari...MIgITnl9XS2AIVTl9-Ch3KZAA-EAQYAiABEgL3fvD_BwE

https://www.amazon.com/Arteck-HB030...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=SWXZEK515NTAXP3D90NH

Finally, there is a Z Canvas being sold for parts in our own For Sale forum:

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/threads/vaio-z-canvas-slate-spare-parts-for-sale.69283/

It looks like the keyboard may have already been sold, but you might contact the seller, just in case.

It's also possible that VAIO may belatedly respond to your e-mail; I'd make at least one more attempt to try to get their attention.

Good luck...

3. Neil Warren

Neil Warren Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Steve,

Many thanks for your help and informatiom......... really loved the Cavas Z when it came out its been the most reliable laptop so far that I have used, really fast start up, but uits a shame to hear the customer satsifaction has deliclined regarding after sales. I did get a response back from Vaio and they have nnow advised I can buy a replacement keyborad cover which I have now ordered and await delivery......... we shall how that works.

Thanks again for yoru help.

Regards

4. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...I did get a response back from Vaio and they have nnow advised I can buy a replacement keyborad cover which I have now ordered...>>

Neil: That's good news; the Z Canvas is such a nice tablet that it would be real shame if VAIO orphaned it. Let us know how the replacement keyboard works out...

5. jbaks

jbaks Scribbler - Standard Member

uhhh, Vaio does sell keyboards but they cost 170 bux. There support is just fine for what their company is doing, Iv an email address directly to customer service reps if you want it. Also that rhymes from this forum is located in dubai, I wouldn't deal with him as hes trying to sell the parts for way more then there worth. Iv had to go through the whole keyboard thing a few times, but I too love my canvas. Their is actually a sale for a broken canvas atm but its going for way way more then its worth which is odd, https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-Vaio-Z-Canvas-12-3-Tablet-16GB-VJZ12AX0211S/192422065643?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Im very thankfull for the forum tho as I got a good deal from one of the members on his canvas accessories since his died.