Vaio Canvas Z case suggestions?

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by MC1400, Dec 11, 2015.

1. OrangeW

OrangeW Pen Pal - Newbie

I really like to use the Z canvas as a tablet in my lap. However, I think it is too smooth/slippery to hold comfortably. I have found an almost perfect solution for my use case: the rooCASE Executive Portfolio for the iPad Pro.

PLUS:
    - My Z Canvas fits nicely and it feels great to hold
    - By cutting away the leather on top, there are no cooling problems
    - It comes with a beautiful leather case, which holds my Z Canvas safely for transportation
    - The separate case can be used as a stand when the Z canvas is still in the detachable sleeve
    - At $39.95 this real leather case + sleeve is a bargain!

MINUS;
    - I now need to charge the keyboard with a USB cable
    - can't use the stand of the Z Canvas anymore (although you could just cut a hole in the back of course)

VAIO Z Tablet in Roocase.jpg VAIO Z Tablet in Roocase tent.jpg

koz2050 and mbonus like this.
  2. koz2050

koz2050 Scribbler - Standard Member

I love custom solutions like this. Great job and thanks for posting!

3. moctodTPCR

moctodTPCR Pen Pal - Newbie

I take it that's the case for the 12.9 version of the Ipad Pro? I've been searching myself to see what case I can modify for the Canvas. What makes me hesitant and doubtful that any modification can look good is the fact that the canvas is .54 thick, while the ipad pro is .27 thick, so that's twice the thickness. So I'm confused how you were able to squeeze that in and it actually looks decent. I think I'll trial and error myself.

4. Markus Brand

Markus Brand Pen Pal - Newbie

I really like the looks of this case. It seems to be a perfect fit for a canvas ...
    But I'm curious: Where do You put the pen - I assume it won't fit into the case with the vaio?

Markus

5. FenderP

FenderP Scribbler - Standard Member

In the case with the AC adapter and other stuff, or a pen pocket if my bag has it. Not a big deal.

6. Hank

Hank Pen Pal - Newbie

does it perfectly fit or (your picture seems a bit forcing it to fit? or is it just the picture where seems the leather not really attached to the canvas z?)

anyone has any other idea for the case, been holding the canvas Z for 3 months now, I am still having hard time in finding a good case for it...

7. David B

David B Pen Pal - Newbie

Its not a case, but the folks over at slipgripcarmounts have made a mount for it.

I saw their solution for the surface pros and inquired about one for the canvas and they actually bought a canvas made a mold for it.

Again, not sure if it'll work for any of your use cases - but it does fit it nicely and seem secure.

I can post some pics tonight

Model likes this.
  8. Model

Model Pen Pal - Newbie

Has someone any ideas?

9. moctodTPCR

moctodTPCR Pen Pal - Newbie

I just did this several days ago, this is my Amazon review: iPad Pro used for Canvas Vaio Z Case. It has worked very well actually. Since the Canvas is twice as thick as the iPad pro, you can't fold it shut, but since you can rotate it, you can fold it shut face up.

Marty likes this.