Vaio Canvas Z case suggestions?

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by MC1400, Dec 11, 2015.

1. moctodTPCR

moctodTPCR Pen Pal - Newbie

What size mac? Can you show me link?

2. hipno515

hipno515 Pen Pal - Newbie

Datashell 13.3" Laptop Briefcase. Gunmetal gray or red. Check out their website.

3. coolice

coolice Pen Pal - Newbie

The measurements for the Brenthaven case (36.8 x 25.4cm) seem too big for the canvas (30X21cm). Does it move around inside the case?

I bought a Maroo leather sleeve made for the surface pro hoping it would fit, but unfortunately the canvas is too big. After doing a lot of searching on Amazon it seems that most sleeves are either too small (they are made for 11.6 inch laptops or the 12 inch macbook) or they are too big (13.3 inch). Surface pro 4 cases are also risky (in my case it was too small).

4. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...The measurements for the Brenthaven case seem too big for the canvas. Does it move around inside the case?..>>

...Yes; the case has a bit of extra room all around, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. If you've ever owned a case that really fits tightly, you've probably noticed that getting your tablet in and out can sometimes be a hassle. This is particularly true if you keep you pen in the clip on the side of the ZC. Since the ZC is somewhat larger than the Surface Pro, I thought it odd that the Brenthaven case actually suited the ZC better!

However, given the fact that it is now discontinued, I suggest that you look for another case...

5. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I bought this sleeve on Steve S's suggestion and it's great. It's still available on Amazon. In fact, I've been running with a lot of Steve S's recommendations (this sleeve, the screen protector, the pen) for the Vaio Canvas Z, and you just can't go wrong when a product has his seal of approval!

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  6. Engali

Engali Pen Pal - Newbie

I contacted the people on that website. Unfortunately, it doesn't fit the tablet and the keyboard/cover together.

7. mbonus

mbonus Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah, I bought this as well and it works great. There is even enough room to put the power brick in one of the pockets. (I bought a used one and it was only $19 shipped; cant go wrong at that price)

http://www.amazon.com/Brenthaven-Co...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00

8. Steve S

9. Steve S

A follow-up in the Incase "Reform" Tensaerlite Brief(case) in 13" size:

[​IMG]

The case was delivered about a week ago, and I have been using it for the last several days. As mentioned in my last post, this is not a sleeve; it's a case for people that need to carry a modest number of additional things during their average day. First of all, the Reform is well made, with material that Incase claims is environmentally responsible. The material doesn't feel "cheap," but it also doesn't feel any better than woven nylon (for example). The case has both a nice contoured shoulder strap and a carrying handle. Interestingly, the handle is a little small, but it may have been designed that way to maintain the trim overall looks. I find the case quite attractive in its simplicity.

Inside, the front part of the case contains enough room for magazines or 8-1/2 x 11 sheets of paper and also has the usual pockets for a cell phone, a couple of pens, cables, a charger and / or other small items. The rear part of the case fully unzips along three edges (so the case can opened flat for airport X-rays, for example) and the back panel contains a pocket for a 12 to 13 inch tablet or a slim ultrabook. For those who may wonder, both the ZC and the SP4 fit with a bit of room to spare. The outer side of the back panel contains a thin, but surprisingly rigid foam insert that should protect a tablet from reasonably hard impacts. The inner side of the back panel is a thin, semirigid shell. Since it faces inward when the panel is zipped up, impact protection isn't too important. It's really there so that your tablet is completely enclosed. The shell closes with a simple magnetic flap that I didn't find to be effective at all; but again, it's on the inside when the panel is zipped up and it's therefore not too critical. If a secure closure was deemed to be needed, a small Velcro dot could be glued or stuck on and it would do fine. Assuming that you are carrying a tablet, there looks to be enough extra room for an one or two more magazines or a thin sheaf of papers.

And that's about it. The Reform costs about $90, which I think is a bit over-priced for what you get. Fortunately, you can find it on other retail sites where the price is significantly lower (~$62 on Amazon). I have been wanting a case like this for some time, so of course I like it... until I see something better! Maybe the Reform is the case for you, too?

10. FenderP

FenderP Scribbler - Standard Member

100% wrong. I've had it for nearly a year. That is what it was designed for.

EDIT: pic with it. Perfect fit.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 11, 2016