Vaio Canvas Z case suggestions?

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by MC1400, Dec 11, 2015.

1. MC1400

MC1400 Pen Pal - Newbie

What are people using for a Vaio Canvas Z sleeve/case?

It's easy to get a case that's too large, but how about one that fits well?

I keep thinking about something Surface Book / Surface Pro 4 sized but most seem to be "fitted" specifically for the Surface (plastic molding, etc.). Perhaps an older case from IBM Thinkpad Tablet / Motion LE1700 4:3 Tablet days?

Thanks!

2. FenderP

FenderP Scribbler - Standard Member

MC1400 likes this.
  3. David B

David B Pen Pal - Newbie

I picked up a second hand Outback Solo Waterfield Designs case made for the 13" Macbook Air that fits it very well.

Attached Files:

MC1400 likes this.
  4. billybobstealer

billybobstealer Pen Pal - Newbie

Anybody know where I can find a decent screen protector, preferably glass, and maybe protective skins for the back of the VZ?

5. TheBeliever

TheBeliever Pen Pal - Newbie

@Billy You can find tons of laptop skins on Amazon or other larger stores... I've been searching few designs for my laptops and found many attractive designs on web. You can Google it directly :)

6. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...Anybody know where I can find a decent screen protector, preferably glass...>>

...I think we've been over this before, but I can recommend the Photodon custom-cut screen protector using their 6HS film. It's not tempered glass, but it is nearly as hard and the surface feel is also nearly the same as glass. There are some posts in the Review thread that discuss my experiences with Photodon. I haven't searched in the last couple of weeks, but the last time I looked, I couldn't find any tempered glass SPs for the ZC...

<<...maybe protective skins for the back of the VZ?..>>

...My go-to vendor for skins is Stickerboy, but the last time I looked they did not offer a custom-cut skin for the ZC. SkinIt and Skinomi are also popular, but same story...

7. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

8. FenderP

FenderP Scribbler - Standard Member

Again, the sleeve that I linked is made for it specifically. Good quality. There's also a Porter one as well in Japan which I may pick up.

9. moctodTPCR

moctodTPCR Pen Pal - Newbie

How much longer before the peeps in China make cases for the Canvas? LOL! I searched Amazon and eBay and there is ZERO products out there. I guess this is too new? Manufacturers don't even know Vaio is a live?

Good sleeve suggestion Fender, but I'd like one of those cases that keeps the tablet and keyboard together so you can mimic a laptop, after all, that's the one weak point of this product. Just like the OP mentioned, something like the cases made for Surface Pro. There are a plethora of keyboard/tablet cases on Amazon but not specifically for the Canvas. Here's a search for Tablet/Keyboard cases 11 INCHES AND UP. I might just pick one and modify it for the time being.

10. hipno515

hipno515 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have a Datashell hard case.It's made for Mac but fits vaioZcanvas perfectly.