vaio canvas 2nd edition

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by jbaks, Aug 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

NotebookCheck is the only site I can find that does complete checks for color gamut, color accuracy, thermal dissipation, noise, and so forth. All other sites report the specs, some benchmarks, and an objective review, and that's it.

2. RT545

RT545 Scribbler - Standard Member

Hello,

I have posted a message on an Intel forum, expressing the need for a refresh of the VAIO Z canvas either with the 6770HQ or with Xeon E3 1565L (with its 35W TDP and iris pro P580 (the best Intel GPU to date)) and with thunderbolt 3. The link is here: https://communities.intel.com/message/395906#395906

The person at Intel answering to the thread said he forwarded the suggestion to the appropriate department; I don't know if this will give anything, but do not hesitate to add your voice to this.

Marty likes this.
  3. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I'm very impressed by Intel's responsiveness on their forums.

If VAIO actually acts on this, you are 'da man! :thumbsup:

4. RT545

Yes, they seem responsive indeed!

I think Intel always wants to push good convertible or tablet designs;
    And they certainly have ways to make suggestions to their partners.

Do not hesitate to express your interest there also;
    the more they will hear about us all strongly wanting this, the more there is a chance that this finally becomes a topic deserving consideration at VAIO!

5. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I agree with you, however I do not believe in joining a forum only to "push an agenda" (without adding anything to the discussion).

Believe me, I have spoken with VAIO (US) many times about the consumer demand for a Canvas 2. I even told them about my dedicated "hype-thread". ;)

They always tell me they will forward my feedback. But who knows where that goes? The world of trans-national customer service is mysterious indeed...

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  6. Tams

Tams Scribbler - Standard Member

Spec junkies are just a by-product. Very few companies take tablet spec junkies into account. Vaio are solidly aimed at corporate and small business (including self-employed individuals). Yes, they Vaios are sold outside of the usual business channels, but that does not mean they are aiming for the audience mainstream technology review sites aim for.

7. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...They always tell me they will forward my feedback. But who knows where that goes?..>>

...Try to contact Ty Takayanagi. I think he is in charge of VAIO US operations...

Marty and RT545 like this.
  8. RT545

What would be needed is A LOT of users pushing in the same direction at the same time (thousands of them, I guess), not just a few. Unfortunately, even if there certainly is numerous people who would want this, there is a lack of tools (petition, specialized social network, ...) to federate the demands of the users.

Nice info; he seems to be the person in charge of marketing: http://www.notebookreview.com/notebookreview/vaio-z-canvas-review/4/

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  9. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Getting a message through to one of the prime decision makers is really hard for obvious reasons; so many layers of fortification between customers and high management. -But if you can navigate that gauntlet...

It doesn't take a 50,000 name petition to have a huge effect on major projects. It just takes a convincing idea and a compelling speaking voice and the right moment. Human to human communications can change things far out of proportion to the potential size of the change.

I know that sometimes when I take an email or letter, if the words affect me and make sense, it can significantly alter how I do things for diverse audiences even though it's just one person reaching out.

Marty likes this.
  10. RT545

So, all you need is to "accidentally" bump into the guy during a marketing event to which VAIO attends...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.