vaio canvas 2nd edition

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by jbaks, Aug 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

So... I'm sitting over here, praying for this thing to show up, contain all the things that made the original Z Canvas so excellent, but with the newest Ntrig/MPP digitizer and maaaaaybe a 13" screen?

If I'm going to dream, than a 15" screen with a discrete graphics card. But I'm not going to push it.

I just saw the Yoga 720 15" in person and was very disappointed. The Samsung 9 Pro would be a sidegrade, powerwise, from the my quad core T901- disappointing. A next gen Vaio Z Canvas with the Surface Studio digitizer is my final hope for a tablet pc desktop replacement. Heck, I'll probably even take a 12" version. I'd be getting a second display anyway.

Starlight5 and stoneseeker like this.
  2. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Can you elaborate what disappointed you about the Yoga 720? Form factor? performance? Pen response?

3. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

They wrote about it on the Yoga 720 thread. It's true, the Yoga 720 is no Vaio Z Canvas... but nothing is.

stoneseeker and Marty like this.
  4. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

That's one of the things making it so hard to get excited about all the new tablets coming out.

It's not just the raw specs, but the hardware details (eg. super-durable unibody frame, 95% Adobe RGB screen) and the tuning of the quad-core chipset and thermals, that honestly surprises me still that I'm using a 3 generation old chipset!

stoneseeker and Starlight5 like this.
  5. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

Exactly. And they add little touches like a hardware button dedicated to turning touch on and off. Nobody adds functionality anymore. They just take them away one by one until we've forgotten that, for example, RAM was once always user upgradeable. Now you're lucky if you get one free slot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.