vaio canvas 2nd edition

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by jbaks, Aug 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FenderP

FenderP Scribbler - Standard Member

She spoke English, but not perfectly. First I asked about the ZC being discontinued and she was very definitive on that. Having owned many Japanese laptops over the years, it's highly unusual for a manufacturer to discontinue and not announced its successor/replacement. When I asked about would they make another, I basically got the I don't know/maybe answer that was more of a no. Unless she was playing dumb, they don't give them much notice on stuff I guess because it would have been simple to say yes to the Kaby Lake question.

Marty likes this.
  2. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Ya, but you're assuming the usual question to a rep about a product that is unbelievably popular, like the next Surface Pro or Macbook. It's not like more than a handful of people know or even care about the ZC.

Sad news.

3. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

This is sad news indeed...but it seems very odd. Visiting the VAIO jp page, they recently launched (in November!) a gorgeous new page featuring the new animation production, Hirune Hime:

Why would they put so much advertising effort into a discontinued product? I still have hope...rawr.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  4. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...Why would they put so much advertising effort into a discontinued product?..>>

...Although the ZC is shown, I think it's significant that the video ends showing the VAIO Z and Z Flip. I'm inclined to side with FenderP on this at the moment; it doesn't look good...

5. FenderP

Campaigns like this can take some time to get out, so by the time it hits the streets, these things happen (i.e. ZC being discontinued).

6. kristi lee

kristi lee Pen Pal - Newbie

I have been following this thread while trying to decide on a purchase of a Vaio Z Canvas. I emailed Vaio yesterday asking if they are going to discontinue the canvas. Here is a screenshot of the reply I got.

Attached Files:

kvoram, Marty and ATIVQ like this.
  7. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

:D:D:D The dream lives on!

8. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

As much as I hate to rain on your parade, I doubt Markus at Vaio Customer Support has a damn clue about whether or not another ZC is going to be released.

9. FenderP

It is discontinued. Verified when I was in Japan. The reality is they still have some stock to sell at least in the US, so what that e-mail says basically supports that.

The dream is dead and six feet under.

kvoram likes this.
  10. FenderP

As much as my heart wants to wait for a suitable tablet that can take 32GB of memory, I'm thinking I need to just be honest with myself and realize that getting something with just 16GB will be settling for me. As much as I love the XZ6 and even the Z (flip version), I need 32GB more than touch. Still holding out hope something materializes, but sadly, I can outfit a new Fujitsu U727 with 32GB of memory and a 2TB NVMe drive for about half the price of the XZ6.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.