Vaio A12

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by Nvss, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Nvss

Nvss Pen Pal - Newbie

Finally a new design
    Just not the canvas gen2 that we are waiting for

8th i-Y core series...

stormi, ATIVQ and Marty like this.
  2. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Full specs here...darn, looks like they went 16:9 (1080p). :(

I like unique hinge design though, looks very stable while retaining that edgy VAIO Z-style profile:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They claim it avoids the pitfalls of other detachable systems (and presumably is more stable than the SB's hinge):

[​IMG]

In a somewhat surprise move, the pen is now Wacom AES:

[​IMG]
    And it comes with a bevy of accessories: (ah, if only the Canvas got such love...)

[​IMG]

I appreciate that they kept up with the crazy durability tests (still love the Z Canvas for an absolute tank):

Config options for the high-end Black Edition (209,800円 base price):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Product pages here and here. Overall, seems like the classic VAIO "Japanese exec's" computer... :p

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    batty likes this.
  3. Tams

Tams Scribbler - Standard Member

Gotta love the VGA port! (No seriously, I still use a laptop with a VGA port in Japan; there are still a lot of VGA cables around, even if even schools are starting to widely have HDMI).

It looks every so slightly to bulky, has some particular design choices (USB 2.0 ports, Wacom AES over EMR) and a hefty price as these Japanese exec machines always do.

4. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

More manufacturers should publish videos of their devices repeatedly stabbed with a chisel.

5. FenderP

FenderP Scribbler - Standard Member

I've been looking for a new machine. I was strongly considering the Panasonic CF-SV7 which spec wise is more to my liking and built like a tank. It doesn't have pen input. However this intrigues me. I somehow doubt the US arm of Vaio will bring it here. The big negative for me is no Thunderbolt, which the Panasonic has. The A12 is more like what the Panasonic CF-XZ6 should have been. Decisions, decisions.