[V8P] Strange touch issue

Discussion in 'Dell' started by badworker, May 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. badworker

badworker Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, I'm having a very strange issue with my Dell V8P.

This device has a looooong story with Dell Customer Service but i will not bore you.

Issue is the touch seems to be vertically mirrored (if i touch the upper right corner, mouse is pointing to upper left, and so on - device in portrait -).

It tought: "yeah, i have only to calibrate touch". Well, that's not the cause. If i calibrate it with windows control panel I can barely get some improvements (touch is no more mirrored but as you can see in the pic is not so accured).

Schermata 2014-05-18 alle 11.31.40.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/6Pa3VxR.jpg

Then I updated touch firmware to latest A02 and BIOS to A05 rev. But nothing changed.

So, Dell replaced twice motherboard and display (touch and lcd) with no luck. they promised me they will replace my device, but i want to know the cause of this issue.

Someone can help me to figure it out??

PS: windows is in 'Test Mode' out of customer care service, don't know how to format it (with the Windows USB key they gave me, the installer show me an error accessing memory), so if someone can post me a link i will offer him an internet-virtual-beer :thumbsup:

Thank you :hi2:

2. MaxHeadroom

MaxHeadroom Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi @ all,

Same to me after changing my broken display from another V8P.
    Is there any solution in the meantime?
    Upgrading and downgrading the touch firmware and the bios, quite every combination - nothing helped.

I can remember this issue at my first V8P. After updating the touch firmware to A01 the same happens, only
    an old system restore point helped me out. So for me this isn't a problem caused by the firmware, it is a problem of some windows driver or configuration...?

Perhaps anyone knows...
    Thanks

3. Mikerman

Mikerman Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I once used the touch calibration tool, and it screwed up my screen--the solution was to reset the calibration to the original default, at the calibration tool.

4. MaxHeadroom

MaxHeadroom Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes this was also my first idea. But to reset a calibration, first you have to calibrate it ;-)).
    My V8P mirrored without doing any calibration. What I noticed when I swap my broken dislay to the new one is, that it is slightly heavier.
    That could mean that Dell changes the Hardware which is not compatible to old mainboards...even with the oldes Touch FW X00?
    But I'm just guessing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.