Using OneNote with the Tablet PC

Discussion in 'OneNote, Evernote and Organizers' started by Brian, Mar 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

This is a must read guide for using OneNote:

The Tablet PC was made for OneNote. Well, not really, but if you have a Tablet PC and OneNote, you'll enjoy the best of OneNote and your Tablet PC as you quietly and discretely take handwritten notes at meetings, where a laptop and keyboard can be distracting or difficult to use.

When the meeting has ended, OneNote can translate your handwriting into text or search your notes as if they were typed text.

http://www.informit.com/isapi/product_id~%7B9A65736D-F339-4239-B3E9-1F956A0B0698%7D/content/index.asp

Brian Beeler
    Editor in Chief
    www.bargainPDA.com www.SPOTstop.com

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2014
  2. UGABrian

UGABrian Pen Pal - Newbie

Good article, I agree. I use OneNote on my tablet at work and school. Below is an updated link:

http://www.informit.com/articles/article.asp?p=169469

3. Brian

Thanks for the new link. Do you use your Tablet as a student or a teacher? It's always interesting to see how they're being deployed.

Brian Beeler
    Editor in Chief

4. UGABrian

I use it as a student in my executive MBA program. My favorite feature is being able to search all of my handwritten notes which really comes in handy trying to write a paper at the end of the semester and trying to remember concepts from early on. I can't tell you how much time that feature alone has saved me.

5. Brian

Interesting, so you prefer to hand write your notes over entry via keyboard? Which model are you using?

Brian Beeler
    Editor in Chief

6. UGABrian

I definitely prefer to handwrite notes. It is just much more natural for me to handwrite notes b/c I'm making a transition from pen and legal pad rather than from a traditional laptop. Handwritten notes can also be much more freeform which suits me better than the keyboard.

One of the features I really like in the tablet is the ability to print documents (PDF, HTML, etc) to Microsoft Journal files for annotating and making notes (which you couldn't do with the keyboard as easily). Franklin Covey's Tablet Planner also has this functionality, but OneNote does not. I really think Microsoft needs to incorporate this in the next version.

I am currently using a Fujitsu Stylistic 4110. Its not as powerful as I would like, but I got it cheap and I really like the slate design.

7. Brian

Excellent, well we had a conference call with Fujitsu yesterday evening, Barry will be updating the site with the latest details on what they're up to. You're well outside of their target sudience, which is pretty interesting, that's why I asked about your usage.

Brian Beeler
    Editor in Chief