Using a tablet for GPS

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by afinemetsfan, Dec 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daring

Daring Moderator

I'll do more reading on the P1500. It wasn't out when I was making my decision, and I'm quite certain that selling the wife on what a great idea it would be to get another tablet will not go over well. That aside, while I wouldn't mind at all a smaller form factor machine (and from what I have read has excellent battery life to boot) I'm reasonably satisfied with my HP.

2. kingjimmi

kingjimmi Pen Pal - Newbie

it's got a measly 8.9" screen Daring. I doubt you'd be interested. I don't think you could get any meaningful work done on a screen that small.

It'd be perfect for me though and my intended apps: reading ebooks, watching movies, and GPS. Basically, I'd treat is as a uber expensive apple ipod, but with GPS. You can already read books and watch movies on the ipod just missing the GPS. Really though. It's way too expensive for the apps I intend.

3. afinemetsfan

afinemetsfan Pen Pal - Newbie

I came across a dual passive and active screen, but it is way out of my price range. The Itronix However, it is way out of my price range and is more of a rugged machine then a office style tablet. Im thinking that not having a touchscreen isint too bad, considering most in car GPS systems do not allow operation while the car is moving. And i wouldnt want to be using the computer while driving anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.