User reviews Galaxy Book2 Windows on Arm

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by mgerbasio, Dec 4, 2018.

1. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Welcome to the Overlook Hotel... :eek:

thatcomicsguy and dstrauss like this.
  2. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Ha ha!

Had to look that up to be sure.

(I've never read The Shining! I've read lots of King, but that one looks too scary for me, plus I feel like I already know the story!)

JoeS likes this.
  3. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

[​IMG]

4. djas

djas Graffiti User

There's a Samsung laptop with a siloed S Pen. I can't recall the model though.

5. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

Notebook 9 Pro or Pen

djas likes this.
  6. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

The problem with the Notebook 9 Pro (and 9 Pen) up until now has been the mediocre screen (1080p even on the 15") and only 8gb RAM on 13" - even though yo can open both and upgrade the SSD.

7. kltye

kltye Pen Pal - Newbie

Bought mine on launch day, and have been (relatively) happy with it up until now. Anyone experiencing a black screen of death, where the device wakes up, the display "flashes", but then doesn't display anything? I plugged in an external monitor, and the device itself works fine - even the touch screen. The only way to get the display working is by toggling the power button several times; rebooting has no effect (even rebooting into the UEFI settings makes no difference). A bizarre issue, and I'm hoping to warranty it at the Microsoft Store by me, but wanted to see if anyone has seen this behaviour before.

djas likes this.
  8. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

I haven't seen that one yet. Really odd, I first thought it might be some bad connection, but if the power button fixes it, that doesn't sound likely. Good luck, and let us know if they fix it under warranty.

9. mgerbasio

mgerbasio Scribbler - Standard Member

What happens to me is when I open the type cover, the device doesn't wake immediately as my Surface does and by habit I hit the power button which causes the display to do what you describe. But waiting a second or two and pressing the power button again, the display comes right back on. Try to wait a couple of seconds when you open the cover to see if the display comes on, or, see if there is a setting so opening the cover doesn't wake the device and see if that helps so you have to press the button.

JoeS likes this.
  10. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I have seen this a few times on the sample we have here. Anecdotally for me it only occurs when it's been in the bag with other devices. My hypothesis is that the signaling magnets in the cover are weak and that other magnets interfere.

If you contact Samsung there is a diagnostic they can send you to test it. Although when I did that it didn't reveal any issues.