User reviews Galaxy Book2 Windows on Arm

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by mgerbasio, Dec 4, 2018.

1. MSGaldenzi

MSGaldenzi Scribbler - Standard Member

And just like that, installed 1903 and everything works again. :)

JoeS likes this.
  2. mgerbasio

mgerbasio Scribbler - Standard Member

Same here, problem with Windows Store was fixed with the update to 1903. However I find Edge to be slower and when I tap on a link, it is sometimes unresponsive.

3. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

We have had customer reports of the same thing. There seems to be multiple issues involved here.

First is that for all intents and purposes, development on the standard edge build that is on these systems has stopped while they work on the Chromium based Edge.

Second, the 1903 update did replace some libraries in edge with older versions than what Edge had auto-updated itself too since the 1809 creators update. This is apparently a "known issue", but the time frame to address it hasn't been specified yet.

Specifically part of the "break" occurred when they removed the ability to read epubs in the browser coincident with the shut down of the MS book store

Three, if you by chance downloaded the beta Chromium Edge browser and then subsequently updated to 1903 you have a similar mishmash of files that can cause performance issues.

The suggested workaround we have heard was to uninstall the edge beta, including manually removing all the files that the windows uninstall option leaves behind and then reinstalling with the current beta.

They have also suggested using a tool like revo unistaller if you aren't comfortable manually removing files.

So last but not least, none of this is ideal, but we have heard (though not officially) that both the release version of Chromium Edge is imminent and that the October patch Tuesday rollup will address these issues.

It's shouldn't be that way, but in this cases its a bit of "early adopter" pain due to WOS

4. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

I guess I should have known after hopping on the failing Windows Phone mess. Fool me once shame on me, fool me twice.... can't get fooled again. Is that how that saying went?

Admittedly WOA hasn't really failed, but I'm not particularly impressed by Microsoft's seeming lack of effort to provide a first rate experience for WOA users.

5. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I wouldn't give up on WOA yet. The new galaxy book s looks really promising and Samsung has said there will be a successor to the GB2 though they have been vague about exactly what it will be.

MS reminds me at times of the dogs in the Pixar movie Up (Squirrel !!!!!)

6. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Yes, but they yell it a few years after the squirrel zipped by...

Tams likes this.