User reviews Galaxy Book2 Windows on Arm

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by mgerbasio, Dec 4, 2018.

1. mgerbasio

mgerbasio Scribbler - Standard Member

It took 7-9 months to get Windows 10 1809, I lost count. I wouldn't be looking for the latest update anytime soon.

2. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

You're saying checking daily is too much? :D

If the hang-up is Qualcomm's own wifi implementation, you'd think they'd work very hard on fixing it. Jump starting the WOA market could get them quite a few more device sales.

3. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

I’m afraid Microsoft is in the woa-is-me mode.

4. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

So an update (pun intended :) ) on 1903. I still haven't seen it on either of our lab machines, but.... (and I want to emphasize that this is pure speculation by me) we saw the new Galaxy Book S briefly yesterday and it was running an insider build of windows that wasn't 1903 but a couple of builds beyond.

So I'm thinking that maybe they are waiting for the formal release of the Book S and will release it all at the same time. This makes sense to me as the 8CX in the Book s is really just a more powerful version of the one in the GB2

5. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Interesting. Still a little odd, it doesn't seem like there would be any technical reason for 'holding back' the feature update for another model if they solved the wifi issue. Which by the way is now almost three months late! Thanks for keeping us/me posted by the way, much appreciated!