[USA] Advice needed on Samung 500T keyboard return - Argh

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by motionfan, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motionfan

motionfan Pen Pal - Newbie

Any advice would be appreciated. I have a Ativ 500T which works well. My wife purchased a 500T keyboard Dec 15 from circuitcity.com for me, for Christmas. It did not work well upon opening, constantly disconnecting. I contacted Samsung 2 weeks ago, and am getting the run around. I have spoken to their Executive Customer program, which I have been told is the end of the line. In short, I have been told different stories. First, I was told I need to mail the keyboard back to Texas to a repair facility. I did this, only to receive the keyboard back with a note saying I needed to include my tablet. I then contacted Samsung, and was told I would receive a full refund, because the unit could not be repaired. Then, when I did not receive my refund, Samsung told me I needed to mail the keyboard and the tablet back to the repair facility in Texas. At this point, I would have to wipe my tablet before sending it back to Texas as per the repair facility rules and my own concern over identity theft.

I assume someone here has returned their ATIV 500T keyboard, and I am hoping someone has a "back number" or something to help sort this out. I cannot understand why I need to wipe my tablet to return a keyboard, when others here have noted defective keyboard units.

Thanks in advance.

2. Robotica72

Robotica72 Scribbler - Standard Member

I had the same issue with my 700t and I ended up just buying a new dock. I think this sucks - But I also had a tablet issue that I had to argue Samsung on - that was resolved. I would say take to their Twitter page and start posting .. It did seem to help me.

3. limloren

limloren Pen Pal - Newbie

Depending on how you feel about it you could always buy a new one from best buy or other retail store. When you take it home swap the keyboard you have with the one you just bought and return it. Super shady I know but I know this works. Samsung ends up paying for the defective unit so no harm to to Best Buy and samsung gets screwed for their ****ty dealings to you