Uploading Pics

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions and Site Help' started by ships10, Oct 28, 2011.

1. ships10

ships10 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

How do I upload pics that are about 1.2mb in size?
    The site will not upload my pics even though I have seen pics much larger
    in size than this.

2. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

you have to use alternative image hosters like Photobucket or ImageShack.
    Sadly Techtarget doesn't upgrade the size limitations on Tablet PC Review like they did on their other discussion groups, which can upload much larger images since years.

3. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...How do I upload pics...>>

ships: I've recently had to cope with this, also (although perhaps not with images as large as you mention).

I've had good luck with ( TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting ), a free image hosting site associated with PhotoBucket. You don't even have to register; just upload your image and tinypic will return a URL that you can use when you create your post. So far, I haven't had any problems with image size, but again, I don't think I've tried anything as big as 1+ Mb...

4. ships10

Thanks you guys. I'll give it a try.

5. CLeonard

CLeonard Tablet PC Review Site Admin Super Moderator

Actually Frank, you can't upload images over 1 MB on any of the TechnologyGuide Forums. I believe the image size cut-off is much lower than that. Also, only this site, DigitalCameraReview and as of last week, NotebookReview even have active image galleries. We're working to recondition the galleries for all the forums and get them online.

6. ships10

I hope this can be done soon. It is frustrating to use secondary sites to post pics.
    I think even video posting should be an option.

7. vijayraj

vijayraj Pen Pal - Newbie

Why wont you provide a separate server for all your pictures and video at low cost, once thing about it. now-a-days all things will be available at low pay. as you can find so many offers from hosting providers. try to do it, it will be a good option to store your unlimited pictures and video files at secure location.
    Regards,
    VijayRaj

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  8. spinedoc77

spinedoc77 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Any update on this? I know it's an old thread, but didn't seem to get much if any attention. I just tried uploading some pics tonight but they were too large, pics which easily go up on other forums I use such as macrumors, XDA, etc.

9. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

As noted in Post #3, I've basically given up on trying to upload (or drag-n-drop) images on this XenForo bulletin board application. I can't get it to work consistently for me, and even when I can, I find it overly complicated and fussy. These days, I simply use an image hosting site and paste in image URLs...