Upgrading RAM on Stylistic LT C-500: What are my options?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by deedubya3800, Jan 7, 2008.

1. deedubya3800

deedubya3800 New to Tablets

I have a Fujitsu Stylistic LT C-500 tablet that I have upgraded to Windows XP and a 40 GB hard drive. Most everything seems to be working just fine, and the next thing I need to do is to upgrade the RAM from 128 MB. Most of what I'm reading online says that 256 MB is the max. I want to ask what I should look for when choosing RAM for this tablet, and if anyone has ever had any success with 512 MB. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

2. s22nik

s22nik Pen Pal - Newbie

[deedubya3800] - did you try the 512MB

3. deedubya3800

I haven't heard of anyone reporting success in trying to go up to 512MB. I need to know exactly what specs to look for when picking out RAM because sometimes RAM that seems like it should work just won't.

4. s22nik

s22nik Pen Pal - Newbie

what does your 128mb module say?

5. timesarchangel

timesarchangel Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey, this is something I found Eopinions about this tablet, I just purchased this off of ebay. The person says that he was able to use 512 just fine. I found this post and thought I should share this with you.

http://www.epinions.com/content_123486310020

"
    What a Deal on a Tab Computer
    Dec 29 '03 (Updated Jan 17 '04)

Pros
    Light, Portable, Very Good Battery Life

Cons
    NONE

The Bottom Line
    Very cheap. Fujitsu still supports them. Works great in difficult environments that Laptops won't, has a serial port.

Full Review
    What to say first about a 2 year old Tab computer? Well first off I got a really good deal on it. Let me give you a break down on my costs:
    Fujitsu Stylistic LT-500C $300.00 including docking station, wireless keyboard, 802.11g card, slip case, charger, extra battery, 12v car charger, PCM card CDR. I had to buy the WinXP pen tablet drivers from Fujitsu (who actually still sell stuff for this) as I elected to upgrade from 98 to XP. Cost was $45 including site license and shipping. The Tab originally came with a smallish 6GB HD. That went away and was replaced with a 60GB Toshiba 9mm notebook HD, cost $99. While I was ordering the pen tablet drivers I also ordered a pack of 12 screen protectors (essential to keep screen from scratching) and a pack of 5 pens cost was $88. You need the Fujitsu pen because it is spring loaded and will prevent making impressions on the screen protector just using a PDA stylus will not work on this, it will damage the screen.
    So now the old girl has the following: WinXP, 512MB Ram, 60GB HD, 802.11g card. Total cost to me was about $550.00, a pretty good deal.

So why bother even writing a review? First reason is you can pick one of these Tab Computers up pretty cheap if its refurbished or closed out. New Tablet PCs are really expensive and processor performance tends to lag behind laptops. Mine was used for 4 months then sat in an IT office for about 18 months before I purchased it. They are perfect for use on the road, a GPS can connect to it (serial port) and you don’t have to mess with a key board if you don’t want to. I have a huge demand for the serial port for connecting to various electronic components that I work on. I also needed something that can hold tens of thousands of pages of schematics and piping diagrams and would allow me to view while in various locations. A PDA wont work and I found a laptop is a pain.

The Fujitsu Stylistic LT-500C has a 500Mz Celeron processor which is all it needs. The max RAM is supposed to be 256MB but I had a spare NoteBook PC100 512MB RAM card, put it in and presto 512 MB RAM, go figure. The display is made for indoor and outdoor viewing. Screen size is 10.5 inches and bright & clear. The battery pack will last for about 3.5 hours of continuous use. Operation with WinXp and upgraded drivers from MicroSoft makes a big difference compared to Win98; it runs so much better with Xp. I also loaded Office XP and downloaded the drivers from MicroSoft to use the pen applications with Office XP (these are free). I also use PenOffice 2.5 (another good recognition program)

Overall the operation of the Stylistic LT-500C I purchased has exceeded my expectations. It replaced a $2800 laptop that didnt have a serial port and just could not do what this Tablet PC does.

Recommended:
    Yes

"

6. deedubya3800

Too bad his account is inactive, because I'd like to ask him what kind of notebook he got the 512 card out of. What I've been able to figure out is that I have to use low-density non-ECC PC100 RAM. Is this correct?

7. mactok

mactok Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi
    I have those same Fujitsu LT C-500. This matches the memory 512 MB?? Sorry Google translates :)

8. deedubya3800

I don't know. I never had any luck getting 512 MB to work.

9. mactok

mactok Pen Pal - Newbie