Updated TM2 Drivers and Software (Updated 5/1/2010)

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by corecomps, Feb 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corecomps

corecomps OSX86 User

No issues. Thankfully the driver manufacturers have come a long way and Intel/ATI drivers in particular are built *to be installed* on top of each other. My switching works great with the latest updates. Without HP's drivers installed first however switching isn't possible.

I take it you extracted the driver exe and tried pointing directly at the inf.
    try this link and report your results.

http://www.nextwindow.com/nextwindow_support/download_confirm.html

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. eckie

eckie Pen Pal - Newbie

d'oh! Thanks, after reading this I realized I did have a program on my machine that was block FTP. No problems accessing the files now.

3. Oliver Beyer

Oliver Beyer Scribbler - Standard Member

@corecomps: I had extracted it and tried to point to the inf but I wasn't sure for which device in the device manager the driver is meant for. I must have tried the wrong device I think. I'll have a closer look later.

4. Oliver Beyer

I'd love to do that but could you be so kind and let me know which device in the device manager this driver is meant for? After all you have to know which driver you have to update by pointing to the inf directory.

Thank you in advance. Best regards

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. tscottmommy

tscottmommy Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi! I've finished a complete clean reinstall after partition, etc. I've gotten pretty much everything working, but whenever I try to install any of the nextwindow or Touchsmart software, I get an error that my system does not meet the minimum system requirements. Any ideas? I'm going to dig deeper in the forums, but I read pretty much all of the entries over the past couple days and it's not popping up to mind like I've run across this. Thanks for any assistance!

6. neurack

neurack Pen Pal - Newbie

After looking at the INF and comparing Device IDs I'm not sure the NextWindow driver is appropriate for the TM2, or at least some of them, given that there was no matching hardware ID present in mine that I could find.

I did have a problem getting the Touch working from a restored install, but after the Wacom driver all I had to do was make sure the Tablet PC Input Service was set to Automatic / Enabled, and then I was good to go.

7. kc511

kc511 Pen Pal - Newbie

Isn't NextWindow only for the desktop Touchsmarts and the Dell Studio one 19 cause they use optical touch?

8. neurack

neurack Pen Pal - Newbie

I think so. I don't think it is applicable here. I think mentions of NextWindow need to be pulled from the top of the thread...

9. Oliver Beyer

Me too. I tried to install that driver using every imaginable method and it simply doesn't work. No wonder given the fact that the TM2 has no device with a suitable hardware ID.

10. tscottmommy

tscottmommy Scribbler - Standard Member

All I got no matter how many times I tried, no many how many ways and following others' instructions to the letter was an error message from the NextWindow software, along with from HP's Touchsmart software after I installed a clean, full version windows. I got everything else working wonderfully and the BIOS post errors quit. I thought that very odd that installing full windows with HP drivers and then manufacturer drivers over the top would stop all those fan, disk check, and wireless module not detected errors, but it did. However, I want the Touchsmart to work, too, or I'd have gotten a different tablet pc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.