Updated Intel/AMD GPU Drivers [11.11a/8.15.10.2559]

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by Seketh, Nov 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seketh

Seketh Moderator Moderator

leshcat blog IT Tips & Tricks

Finally, Catalyst 11.11a with 8.15.10.2559 Intel driver package! :D

Everything working fine so far with release 11.11a Enjoy :D Also, don't forget to follow uninstall steps below

Remember to fully uninstall the previous drivers before installing these:

1) Install Driver Sweeper
    1) Uninstall current drivers under Windows Add/Remove Programs. Reboot.
    2) Run Driver Sweeper. Select AMD checkbox and click clean. Reboot
    4) [Optional] - You might want to run Windows Install Clean Up and remove CCC entries. It fixed a bug for me.
    5) You know should have correctly uninstalled the drivers if your screen resolution is 800x600 and no drivers are installing automatically.

Report back if you have issues!

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. jonny4

jonny4 Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone tried this in Windows 8?

3. thingemajib

thingemajib Pen Pal - Newbie

seem to be having a few issues with the intel side of the drivers locking up ie9/the computer in general when i try to go on sites such as youtube, and occasionally the brightness decides to stop working. Anyone else? win 7 x64

4. Twi$TeR

Twi$TeR Pen Pal - Newbie

I am afraid of this drivers :p but if You give a sign that Battlefield 3 works better with this than I am going to install it XD lolz

5. chinatm2t

chinatm2t Pen Pal - Newbie

BF3~with ati 5450, it is impossible.

6. Twi$TeR

Twi$TeR Pen Pal - Newbie

7. speciala106

speciala106 Pen Pal - Newbie

As long as you have a good cooling pad this laptop can handle some pretty good games. Granted your playing at medium or low setting but thats ok because it makes me able to play while im out to sea. So far ive played Fallout New Vegas and that played very well, and i started playing Skyrim today, medium settings work well and low settings work great. So far this game is awesome. But dont forget the cooling pad or your bios will auto-shutdown if it gets too hot.

8. Seketh

Seketh Moderator Moderator

I guess you have a Core i5. With Skyrim, my i3 only gives me 20fps, even with low settings.

But yeah, the Tm2 is a fine machine, if the games are optimized to use the GPU, unlike Skyrim, which is more CPU-bound. I just finished MW3 single-player, ran it with all settings on (except Ambient Occlusion), 2xAA @ 1280 x800. FPS goes from 20's to 30's, which is acceptable.

You guys can install the latest AMD drivers even if you use the official package. Just uninstall the CCC and install the 11.10 package over those. If you're having trouble, search the forums, I posted how-to instructions a few times.

9. GiOakJoe

GiOakJoe Pen Pal - Newbie

bf3 on low and 800x600 works perfect with my i5 ati 5450 might not look the best but its playable when im away from my desk top

10. wakeupneo

wakeupneo Scribbler - Standard Member

Way too buggy to use IMO. Switching cards barely works, brightness is stuck on ati, DXVA is not working on Intel (I have v2, yet it doesnt work), I get no image after login, etc etc etc.
    The visual bugs in DIRT3 got fixed with the driver, so the update itself is fine... as long as it works :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.