Update on Bezel issue from Lenovo

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by RealtorPete, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RealtorPete

RealtorPete Pen Pal - Newbie

FYI Everyone

Nothing too earth shattering unfortunately.

Tim Supples Says:

October 2nd, 2007 at 6:43 pm
    Hello everyone,
    As you all know, some weeks ago a cosmetic issue appeared on a small percentage of X61 Tablet systems, in which the lower edge of the bezel trim may separate from the LCD or the bezel itself and create a gap.

In some cases, this can be resolved by re-gluing or replacing the bezel through normal service routes. Our engineering teams are continuing to investigate the cause of this issue and are testing some potential solutions. Unfortunately I do not have a timeline for a permanent fix, but as soon as we have a definitive solution I will let everyone know here and our service centers will be equipped with the proper fix. I really appreciate everyone’s patience as we work towards a resolution.

I would advise users who encounter this condition with their bezel to at their discretion either seek service to correct the situation using current production parts, which may or may not permanently solve the issue, or await updated procedures and materials as they become available.

On another note, some here have mentioned an issue with image distortion on the bottom 1/3 or 1/2 of the screen. The symptom appears as scrambled lines, which temporarily disappear when slight pressure is applied to the left side of the bezel. This issue has been resolved for most systems, and any that experience this situation should seek service as the issue can be definitively repaired through the repair depot

2. tabletdiehard

tabletdiehard Scribbler - Standard Member

Read it as: "We don't care about this problem. Good luck and bye bye."

What a disgusting company.

3. g2tl

g2tl Scribbler - Standard Member

I love it when big companies say "a small percentage"
    Whatever. I'll get it replaced when it gets annoying enough

4. jywang

jywang Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm glad he at least was honest to say that it isn't worth fixing until they have a permanent fix. I can wait for a permanent fix...

5. pomoster

pomoster Pen Pal - Newbie

If this really only affected a small number of machines, it would make sense to get it repaired (as the vast majority of the replacement parts *should* work fine). By implying that we should wait for a solution he's essentially saying that the replacement parts are largely unreliable, which, again, indicates that this is not "small" problem at all. I'm only making this point because I resent the implication that this isn't as big of a deal as it is...

6. keith11

keith11 Scribbler - Standard Member

It is very disappointing that Tim replied after a long time and without any solutions. I am wondering what is taking so long after all. If the engineers who designed the whole system were there and checked the flaws why can't they find the solution? A month is too long for finding a solution to such an issue. It is so frustrating and it disgusts me the way Lenovo is handling this issue. I am just wondering how frustrated all those will be who received faulty screens even in replacements! Too much negative publicity for Lenovo...

Keith.

7. orgwizard

orgwizard Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm still waiting till they release a SXGA touchscreen and then I'm going to demand they replace my bad screen with that.

8. mkozlows

mkozlows Pen Pal - Newbie

Oh, please. You're lucky if you can get Lenovo to even do what they're supposed to do, much less badger them into being nice.

9. Xotica

Xotica Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm actually pretty happy to know that the screen problem has FINALLY been fixed! Overall I take this as a positive message.

10. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

By this I take it you are referring to the 'scrambled lines'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.