UP-911E Pen. Axiotron Studio Pen replacement? Maybe...

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by ron2k_1, May 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tonitti

Tonitti Scribbler - Standard Member

Legend says he still hasn't opened the box. Maybe he fears something like...

[​IMG]

Btw I just ordered the pen, I cross my fingers! I'm going to test it with my Asus tf810c

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
  2. ron2k_1

ron2k_1 calibuchi Senior Member

@Tonitti
    Don't see why it should not work on it. I, at the request of another member, found out that this pen has horrible offset on my Note 4 phone.
    [​IMG]

I updated the original post. The only way not to have offset is to write/draw at a 90 degree angle (which nobody does as far common sense tells me).

I've also updated it confirming that the pen uses Standard Wacom nibs that you can get from them, Amazaon or eBay.

Mesosphere likes this.
  3. Jambalaya

Jambalaya Pen Pal - Newbie

I picked up one of these pens from the seller out of Japan on Scamazon. Absolutely identical calibration to my old standard Modbook pens. Button placement when measured in straight lines from the nib to the edge of the lower button is within 2 millimeters judging by eye. The fatter pen feels to have a slightly lighter touch but that could be because of the increased weight (as someone mentioned). I can use either on the Modbook or the TP10 at will. I'm drawing right now on both tablets without having to switch styluses. Not that I'm actually that prolific or anything...

ron2k_1 likes this.
  4. Tonitti

Tonitti Scribbler - Standard Member

Finally I received the 911 two days ago. My impressions at first were a bit lukewarm, I couldn't sincerely notice differences in performance compared to my LifeBook T5010 pen; cursor drift near the edges feels the same using both pens (the tf810c has never been very good on this point). Anyhow I was happy with the feel, it's much comfortable to hold than the original tf810c pen and I decided that this is the pen I'll be using from now on.

And then, today I decided to try rotating the potentiometer screw to check if sensibility will be improved or not (I was not expecting much, as sensibility was already very good). But setting the screw angle horizontally, as shown on the bottom frame, I have noticed a perceivable gain in minimum pressure sensibility, It's comparable to the great pressure sensitivity of the original Wacom tf810c pen sold with the tablet (that I don't use anymore because it only had one side button and the pen tip rattled too much for my tastes).

So now I'm very very happy with it, and as I did with my Cintiq 12wx pen, I removed the plastic cap around the tip to have a better view of the canvas.

I'm still curious to know if the Bamboo Feel pen has better cursor drift on my tablet, but since it has not 2 buttons and eraser, it's off my shopping cart for now.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
    Mesosphere, stoneseeker and ron2k_1 like this.
  5. Yuureikun

Yuureikun Scribbler - Standard Member

So I found a UP911e stylus located in NY on eBay and decided to pick it up so I could have a backup stylus, and because I liked the color scheme better on this one. It actually looks like it may be identical to the Axiotron studio pen, except for the buttons and eraser which are a light purple. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

ron2k_1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.