UP-911E Pen. Axiotron Studio Pen replacement? Maybe...

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by ron2k_1, May 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ron2k_1

ron2k_1 calibuchi Senior Member

Well its getting cheaper. Amazon now carry it for 66 bucks + $0.13 shipping
    http://amzn.com/B00014HR3I

EDIT: Link fixed

Swiped from my Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  2. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Links broken...

3. T-ravisty

T-ravisty Scribbler - Standard Member

darkmagistric likes this.
  4. ron2k_1

5. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

eh....$67..... I remember a few years back they Modbook Painted variant of that pen was available in ample supply really cheap off Ebay for like $10 or less I think. Good thing I bought a couple of them when I did.

and geez....there's a used one for sale at a brisk $738.70

ron2k_1 likes this.
  6. ron2k_1

Get it before it goes!!! But seriously, you guys are lucky to have gotten those pens for cheap. Everybody hung on to theirs so these are near impossible to get now. @surfaceproartist promised us a review head to head of this pen against his Modbook SP, but I'm not sure if he ever had the chance to. By all indications it seems that there is no difference other than color.

I want to get another one. It's going for $62 bucks on Amazon right now, but I'll wait and see if it gets to the $40s or lower 50s. I'd love to find this variant tho (UP-911E-00A), which is red and black. It'll match my lenovo x230t:
    [​IMG]
    But, I haven't been able to track any down. I saw it on eBay more than a year ago, but it was used and it fetched more than 100 US, so I backed off.

7. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

I may have gotten the last mod book pro pen available cheap 2 years ago. I got mine for $30 from that online surplus store that used to sell them by the hundreds. When I went to order it said "out of stock" so I called the business directly. The guy on the phone said he did find one set aside and said he'd ship it shortly. A day later he said he was shipping, but that he got in trouble with his boss who said he had intended to set it aside as he was sure that the pen might be difficult to come by soon. Not sure why he told me that, since he didn't ask me to change my mind, but I thanked him for sticking to his word.
    The pen never went back on sale on that site again...
    :D

8. balistic

balistic wacom jock

It's actually red and indigo/navy blue. I picked mine up in like 2005, and it was already fairly old back then. The accuracy isn't great, compared to the Bamboo Feel, but it is quite comfortable to use, and the dual button is nice. I'd worry about picking up a used one now, as they don't necessarily last forever.

ron2k_1 likes this.
  9. ron2k_1

Yep. That's the case with the gray one I have. The Feel Carbon pen is the most accurate pen I own. Next to it is my UP -911E pen tho, and I have quite a collection by now

Swiped from my Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

ATIVQ likes this.
  10. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Not forever, but they do actually last quite a while. Despite having a few spares, I picked my first one up back in 2011....been using it ever since....the paints all wore out from my hand grease, and the dual side switch has fallen off a few times, but the pen still works fine.

One unexpected benefit of wearing one out though...the pen tip on my first one recoils more into the pen, which makes it seem like the IAF is lower and overall makes a more comfortable experience. A few months back I misplaced it and opened up one of the spares....I found the lack of recoil rather annoying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.