Unread posts...

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions and Site Help' started by quantum, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quantum

quantum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

As much as I love lurking around the forums at 3-5 AM local time, it gets frustrating after a while because for some reason, threads appear to have 'unread posts' even though I was the last person to post, and tonight for the first time a thread title which was bold and had the 'unread' icon next to it turned out to be read a long time ago and the last post was last week (HP tx2000 review thread). I tried clearing my cookies and cache, and even reinstalled firefox (I do that pretty much every other day anyway) but it still happens (mostly with my own posts)... any ideas?

2. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Hmm, that's odd. I occasionally have issues with the read posts portion, where when I read several threads, then I close the browser out, and a bit later load the forums back up, the threads I have read not too long ago appear bold and unread. Usually I ignore the ones that I've read already unless if it jumps up above newly created threads or threads that have had recent discussion that I don't remember viewing.

It's bizarre that a thread last discussed last week is appearing up as a unread post today. Also to note, I was quickly browsing that thread just a few minutes ago to help answer a question (looking for a stylus picture for the tx2000) for macewindu, any connection to that? :D

3. quantum

It must be your holy presence freaking out the interwebs... that or you are Neo in disguise messing with the BB code. ;)

It appears that the threads I have last responded to have a new unread post... by me. :D

4. Corazu

Corazu Pen Pal - Newbie

If someone edited a post in there it may have bumped it to be 'unread'

5. quantum

I've been checking that, and it's not the case. I'm everywhere! And I'm all new posts! Maybe it's a Firefox thing? I doubt that but I'll try Opera over the weekend (was planning on making the switch some time soon).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.