undervolting the Turion Ultra

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Seketh, Oct 19, 2011.

1. paulds8

paulds8 Pen Pal - Newbie

After using this for a while I am very happy, my fan is not set to always run and used to come on every 10 minutes or so doing normal stuff, after undervolting this time has almost doubled and I think the main source of heat for my laptop is the HDD now!

I thought I should also just mention that I use a very accurate Battery Monitor called BatteryBar and using your usage history it calculates a VERY accurate reading of how much time you have left. I have the 6-cell which used to give around 2:14 and now just from using the undervolting I get 2:30! I just wish I could eek a little more out of the battery!!! This is using my own Power Management Profile in Vista, half brightness, graphics set to max battery life and 50% Processor max, wifi off.

Is this battery life I experience normal for a 6-cell in a tx2500 with 4GB RAM, 2Ghz Processor (RM-70)? Thanks

2. 970261

970261 Scribbler - Standard Member

yep, about 2 and a half sounds right on a 6-cell. ALTHO u could make it it a little more by shutting down services and "eye candy", e.g. visual enhancements, to lower the GPU strain and so on to get more.

Longest time for me with "normal" usage of internet surfing, wifi/bluetooth on, word document typing with auto save every 10 minutes averages to about 3~3 and 20-ish

3. 2.0™

2.0™ Been Inkin' Staff Member

Thanks fro the heads up about battery bar. Great little program!

4. Donald1

Donald1 Pen Pal - Newbie

Works like a charme for my TX2500 with RM-70 processor.
    Thanks for the development !

5. Masterrer

Masterrer Pen Pal - Newbie

+1 (this board has a 10 character limit :confused:)

6. Gaspode

Gaspode Pen Pal - Newbie

Is there a chance of adding support for the "normal" Turion 64 X2 from the tx2000 series to the program? I would be able to provide log data and test the program.
    For some reason rightmark crashes for me even if i don't change any of the voltages, so i would like to try a program that only changes the voltage but, none of the other aspects of power management.

7. octagonalman

octagonalman Pen Pal - Newbie

thanks paulds8 for sharing batterybar

8. Elektron

Elektron Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi.
    I have HP dv5-1020ew with RM-70 and it seems that your application Mr. Sistematic works very well. THANK YOU!!! I waited hal a year for sth like that.
    I have vista x64, and later i will check if program works on my second system - windows 7.
    If you want any debug files, i'm ready to cooperate :)

9. arthursantossp

arthursantossp Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys, first congrats for the application!!!!

I'm facing something strange after the voltage reduction. I set:

p0 - 1.013
    p1 - 0.775
    p2 - 0.750

All works (tested with prime95), but when I check the voltage with AMD Power Monitor, it says that the p0 is 1.013 and the p1 is 1200!

I set the power plan to balanced with processor maximum frequency to 90% and then I check the AMD Power Monitor again and it shows: p1: 0.775

Could the AMD Power Monitor be wrong?

10. 2.0™

2.0™ Been Inkin' Staff Member