undervolting the Turion Ultra

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Seketh, Oct 19, 2011.

1. 970261

970261 Scribbler - Standard Member

Now that.......is strange. On mine (tx2510us, 2.1 GHz), it shows the frequency around the 900~1000 GHz....

What do u use to check the frequency? I use CPUZ and PC Wizard 2008.

2. 2.0™

2.0™ Been Inkin' Staff Member

I use exe to service app. Been using it from the beginning of this thread.

http://www.exetoservice.com/

It's shareware but once you set things up, you can uninstall the program and the service remains.

Once you set up the service you have to do the following:

3. fysloc

fysloc Pen Pal - Newbie

well the pstate i listed were straight from the program itself, and I use amd overdrive to check voltages/frequencies (amd power monitor doesnt work, wont start in windows 7 and cpuz only shows 1 core)

4. joetheboy

joetheboy Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks a lot 2.0. Now I have a new problem...

I have a ZM-86 processor in my Tx2500 and I get the following readings before undervolting can anyone else with same processor confirm please.

2400MHz - 1.1V
    1200MHz - 0.95V
    600MHz - 0.75V (All from CPU-Z)

Why am I getting these values? I thought default for 600MHz was 0.8! Also, is my 2400MHz voltage right? When i select a lower pstate (even just 0.125V diff) windows crashes.I have removed all traces of pumastatectrl (and I dont have the service yet). Whats up with the 0.75v? why cant i get any lower than 1.1v. W7 isn't causing this, is it? Mind you 1200MHz does drop to about 0.8 when undervolted though. Thanks in advance.

5. miner

miner Scribbler - Standard Member

The athlon's have only 2 pstates and hence why you are seeing the same frequency for 2 of the pstates. Only the Turions have 3 different pstates.

The default for the ZM-86 should be 0.8V @600MHz, 0.95V @ 1200MHz and 1.1V @ 2400MHz. Dont know why yours is 0.75V. Maybe reboot and then try checking the VID. Other than that personally I have never gotten anything stable below 1.075V @ 2.4GHZ so I dont bother undervolting these days.

6. fysloc

fysloc Pen Pal - Newbie

So does that mean my pstae 1 and 2 should be the lowest i can achieve? (0.75V is the lowest it will let me go is what i see)

7. miner

miner Scribbler - Standard Member

Yeah, I believe thats the lowest you can go with this program. There is another undervolting tool floating on the web...do a search for 'Turion Power Control' or similar which will list possible pstate's for the processor and possibly allow you to change the VID's for any lower pstates (if available). But the official pstates for the Athlon QL's are pegged at 950MHz and the max frequency.

8. enfortel

enfortel Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi everybody.. well.. i m new in this forum, and im brazilliam.. soh my english is not to good.. so, i buy a tx2627cl and i not can do Undervolting.. in my last laptop (pentium dualcore) i used rmclock, and works perfectly, now i cant do undervolting.. i will try follow the instructions here.. but i didnt understrand hoe to do.. for exemple, i need edit some file to works?? what file?? i`ll try edit config.xml, but i cant understand what field change.. if somebody can help.. i aprreciate.. my CPU is Turion X2 RM-72, i want use this clocks in batery mode 1050, in ac mode 2100, with low voltages.. because this laptop is verry hot.. 56-75c, and to short batery time less 2 hours - batery 8 cells..
    <CPU processor_name="AMD Turion(tm) X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-72">
    <freq_and_max_voltage frequency_in_MHz="2100" max_voltage_in_Volt="1.075" />
    <freq_and_max_voltage frequency_in_MHz="1050" max_voltage_in_Volt="0.95" />
    tnkx

9. vittrangdep

vittrangdep Pen Pal - Newbie

My model laptop is TX2697cl ( AMD RM-72)
    I used to try "pumastatectrl" in vista 64bit and it worked successfully
    But now, I try it with XP SP3 and error "this application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

Have anyone seen this error? How can i fix it?

The screenshot is below

Attached Files:

10. rowboat71

rowboat71 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi.
    Miner writed about the turion power control.
    Anyone has tried to undervolt the northbridge? If so what were the results in terms of heat reduction and battery gains?
    Anyone has made some tests to heat or battery life regarding with and without the p-state fix?
    I'm using the Pumastatecrtl to undervolt the cpu and i also see some peaks (not that much) in the amd monitor (toshiba with a ql-60). I'll try this little program and post the results.
    Thanks to all.