ummm, should I get my unit replaced?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Tiezep, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feerof

feerof Pen Pal - Newbie

don't email, just phone them... trust me, it's much better when you phone them then have people that don't know what they are saying email you back...

2. Tiezep

Tiezep technology enthusiast

so far not so good.

my experience is only bad on my end, nothing is bad because of HP so far, mainly because my UPS store won't ship my computer because the package is fedex express.

I also found a fedex box but my computer box was an inch too big >: (

Currently using my 500 mhz gateway, definitely proving to be a great computer for modern day usage,
    -Tyler

3. Tiezep

just a quick update

my unit successfully made it to HP, and apparently they recognize that the problem is heat failure. maybe they've seen this before

also it is in warranty and I am happy about everything except for the fact that the expected date of getting it back is august 31st.

at least it will be back in time for school... I miss it already,
    -Tyler

4. Tiezep

checked the status just now and to my surprise the unit is about 12 miles away.

however I'm beginning to worry because hp received my tx on the 19th and shipped it back to me on the 20th. I'm hoping they actually did something and didn't just start up and call it good.

typing on my dad's netbook is hard,
    -Tyler

5. Tiezep

just got it back from fedex and it was just as I feared, they re-imaged my hard drive and called it good.

there is some minor imporvement on the chassis but nothing special, the back end was pushed back into place but the right end is still protruding a little bit.

maybe I will heat it up by running halo 2 at full settings and when the laptop gets hot enough I'll see about re-shaping it myself,
    -Tyler :mad:

oh, and also one of the rubber nubs on the screen is missing at the top right :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.