Ubuntu 16.04 on HP Envy 8 Note

Discussion in 'Linux on Tablet PC Forum' started by sitongia, Nov 1, 2016.

1. sitongia

sitongia Scribbler - Standard Member

I took another run at this, and tried Zorin 12 (a Windows-UI look on top of Ubuntu). Everything seems to work in the "try before you install" live DVD operation, including touch, stylus, wifi, bluetooth. Unfortunately, after installing it, the touch does not work. I got some advice about various drivers to try, but I was unable to resolve this. No one seems to be able to explain what it is about the live instance that enables touch. I even found someone who compared live to installed software, and didn't come up with something conclusive and fixable. So, it's a profound disappointment.

The installations I've done blew away the recovery partition on the tablet. Anyone know how to reinstall Windows 10 and get the drivers working and perhaps even HP add-ons?

Thank you.

2. sitongia

sitongia Scribbler - Standard Member

Never mind about how to restore. I'd tried to restore from a system image I created before installing Linux, and I couldn't get it to recognize the image. Today, I put the micro SD card directly into the tablet, and now the restore finds the image file and the restore is now running.