Ubuntu 10.10 anyone?

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by rorytmeadows, Oct 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rorytmeadows

rorytmeadows Scribbler - Standard Member

Anyone trying it today? I'm about to later. It's supposed to have touch screen capabilitites.

2. rorytmeadows

rorytmeadows Scribbler - Standard Member

Yeah, so just a little bit into this, I gave up. I hate the Ubuntu installation.

3. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I installed the desktop edition and then realized it was the new netbook edition that had the reworked UI built into it... it is a blend of os x, Android and Ubuntu. a little weird to get used to, but it's decent, it will not replace Win 7 yet (turns out 10.10 was the ground work for a much more ambitious touch enabled/ supporting release in the future...:( ) so only do a dual boot.

the Ubuntu instillation is waaay easier than before (you still have to know how to set up a dual boot partition/ instillation) you can even have it install the "Ubuntu restricted extras" during the install (it is automated, and easy) if you don't know, it is what allows you to play .mp3's and the like, as those are propitiatory drivers hence the "restricted" in the name.

4. herukuti

herukuti Pen Pal - Newbie

im interested in if it has full support for wacom and how is the touch screen.

5. Thom4s

Thom4s Scribbler - Standard Member